Register now to get rid of these ads!

REAL Wheelstander underconstruction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemiwheelstand, Sep 30, 2012.

1. exterminator

exterminator

Escondido or Temecula, nice areas.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  2. hemiwheelstand

hemiwheelstand

Hello,It's been about a thousand years since I last posted anything.Life I guess.But for those wondering.I did finish building the truck at the beginning of last year.As it sits right now it just needs to be blown apart and painted.I usually have multiple projects going at once and when finishing one I go right on to the next.Since finishing the truck I have rebuilt the bed for it's tow truck.Then jumped right into turning my Mach 1 into a period Trans Am race car.My plan as it stands right now is to finish all of the fabrication on the Mustang,and then do body work and paint on the wheelstander and the Mustang at the same time.As I only have a limited amount of space.So I just want to make the body work mess at one time.......................unless I can find somebody willing to take on the task to paint the truck. CA didn't work out as finding a place to live was impossible for me.I tried again in Georgia.Finding jobs are not the problem,it's finding out that banks do not want to loan money to someone taking a job at a rod shop because it is deemed for them too high a risk,do to the fact that this type of work has a high turnover rate,their words.I need space.I have had many ups and downs in the past 5 years,but the one constant that keeps me going is junk.Here are some pics of how the Dodge is currently.If ya'll want to see something specific on the truck I will get some pics of it.

Attached Files:

Chucky, fauj, LOST ANGEL and 10 others like this.
  3. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Awesome skills. Thanks for posting the update. Unfortunately the path for independent workers is harder. The few I know become their own banks. Satisfying in the long run but a struggle starting out. Best wishes!

loudbang likes this.
  4. Truck looks great, what color are you looking at?

loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Been wondering what happened to your build? Nice to see it's pretty done. Looking forward to seeing it painted and maybe a test run down the strip!

6. Very cool! Glad to see you got it this far!

7. hemiwheelstand

hemiwheelstand

Thanks for the complements. As for the paint color it's going to be a copper orange metallic with blue and green metal flake over that.The cage and chassis parts will be some form of an antique red and black with the name STRIPSHOW down the side hopefully in silver flake.......or there abouts,subject to tweeking. I want a very busy,over the top 60s colorfull pallet. And can't forget white weedburners.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    loudbang, billandlori, TFoch and 2 others like this.
  8. Glad to see you back here. The wheelstander looks amazing. When it is completed with paint it will be a real mind blower. although CA. did not work out for you, I am kind of glad you are still here in Pa. I have a better chance of possibly seeing this monster in person.:);)

loudbang and chevy57dude like this.
  9. hemiwheelstand

hemiwheelstand

Here's something i did forget to post.I did this during last summer.They are green traffic light lenses,which are really blue,well the old ones are anyway.I had them for over a decade and never installed them.I think they will look pretty good at night.I will probably use magnetic LEDs at night and use the Plymouth hubcaps in the day light.

Attached Files:

Chucky, loudbang, 40LUV and 6 others like this.
  10. STRIPSHOW-Nice! With all that flake she will be just that! Nice to see you back posting here.

11. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice to see the progress. I've taken the liberty to post a couple pf pics of your A100 on FB, and to say it got a lot of attention would be an understatement. Amazing amount of work and it looks great.

12. PA isn't a bad place to be!
    Such a cool build. Looking forward to progress photos.

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  13. Rick menendez

Rick menendez
    from Florida

Been following this truck for years
    Did it get finished ?
    Would love a update

14. hemiwheelstand

hemiwheelstand

The truck is waiting for me to finish the the chassis work on my TA Mustang.Then I'm going to do body work and paint on them both at the same time and make the mess once.

OahuEli, TFoch, Tman and 3 others like this.
  15. Sounds like a plan. Carry on.:)

OahuEli likes this.