Register now to get rid of these ads!

real steel 33 roadster +/-

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bentjag, Apr 13, 2008.

1. bentjag

bentjag

Thinking of doing a 33 Real Steel roadster.
    Anyone have any experience with Steve's??
    Thanks very much.

2. John Denich

John Denich

I could be wrong but those bodies are 28 grand right???? I would rather build 3 model A's for that kind of cash..I doubt anyone on the HAMB has one, may be some of the guys with shops may have done one, buts everything SAR does is top notch!!!

John

3. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I don't have that kind of bread, ($15k) but i have toured the place and they do great work. If I could afford one. I'd do one albeit with a stock firewall,cowl vent and complete stock floor. Exposed hinges and an original dash.
    Congrats if you get one, I like em!

4. rodncustom

rodncustom

I had one for almost five years. I just sold it and absoluetly loved it! My wife wants to buy it back:)

Attached Files:

• h1.jpg
      h1.jpg
      File size:
      110 KB
      Views:

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I did a package 34 roadster for a customer from Wi a few years ago. The SAR body was a nice piece. Customer was satisfied.

6. John Denich

John Denich

Thats a great looking car!!! Like I said everything SAR does is great! I would love to get one!!!!

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

We've built two of them from stampings that came from the dies Steve bought to make his bodies. Top notch cars and the owners still have them and drive the wheels off them. Steve's shop does top notch work you won't be disappointed.
    BTW, The $30,000 price is for the new '33- '34 3w coupe body he is just releasing. I'll bet that by the time you find an origional and get it ready for paint this one will be a good value also. There is nothing cheap about hot rodding the favorite years of Henry's offerings.

Frank

8. bentjag

bentjag

Thanks Guys!!!
    You have been a BIG help.
    Makes me feel more positive, in light of the fact that they require a 50% deposit with the order.
    The roadsters are around $15,000, so that's $7500 up front, not insignificant.

9. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

10. Dragging up an old thread here...

Can anyone list the physical differences between the SAR body and an original Ford body? I understand the SAR bodies have steel sub-structures in place of the old wood. I have also read that the doors are "off" from the original, with no detail as to how they are "off". Any other differences between the two bodies? Floors, firewalls, panel between the trunk lid and seats, etc?

11. I'm supposed to get my body any day now (no, I'm not rich, just sold a finished car to fund it and after a little mid life crisis decided I owed it to myself.)

TRJ # 42 had a multi-page article that detailed many of the authentic bits and pointed out a few differences from the original bodies.

I don't have it in front of me... but I recall the main differences were the set back firewall and a different floor.

(Why doesn't anybody reproduce the original shaped firewall? I would buy one)

--steve