Register now to get rid of these ads!

Real barn find!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 292belair, May 9, 2009.

1. 292belair

292belair

heard about them all my life, finally got one! Good friend got 2 40 chev sedans in family deal, only wanted one so i bought the other. his has 10,000 mi, mine has 77,000. back stuck out of shed about 2 ft, has 2 rust holes under back bumper, rest is very solid. we started it today and she runs great. gotta go thru the brakes and we be ready! here's the rest of the pics when we dug them out! http://public.fotki.com/KDogGraphix/jackysgarage/page11.html[​IMG]

2. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Thats great.... I love those cars. Nice!

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

If you come to my house and see an old car in my barn, that is NOT defined as a 'barn find'!

4. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

thats a sweet find ,

5. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome I like those old Chevys great find and it runs to.

6. Great find!
    A friend of mine bought a '40 Chevy Sedan back in '88 and had his neighbour sit in the car and steer it while he towed it home....well it seems a possum had taken up residence underneath the front seat and crawled into his lap while he was being pulled, he literally pissed his pants :)
    Wp

7. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

First job, find a 4X4 guy looking for some wheels:) Seriously, looks like you've got a keeper.

Frank

9. 292belair

292belair

all the tires were rotten, those were the only 6 lug wheels i had handy! more wheels down the road!

10. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Killer find. Seriously put on some hubcaps fix the brakes and drive the hell out of it.

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

A friend of mine bought one of those from the rural area and we drove it home. Blew the farners mind when 2 kids started it. On the way home the breaks went out and dad had to foot for the tow. On further inspection we found a nickle wrapped in electric tape doing double duty as a wheel cyl piston cup.
    prolly shoulda died going down the hill.
    drive it. Those are one of the coolest.