Register now to get rid of these ads!

Real barn find! About time!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Aug 12, 2009.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I call BS on this, or maybe I should call 'shenanigans'?

It clearly IS missing paint in some areas!! See, told you it was BS, all there? realy.....:rolleyes::p

Great find, congratulations.

Doc.

2. Because it's bitchin as is.

3. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

WOW!!!! I want first crack if you ever sell her...

4. Very solid looking car. I couldnt change anything well unless i was to restore it. Great score!

5. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. PoPo

PoPo

i would not cut a thing on that car. I would leave it the way it is till you pass it on to the 4th owner, in 50 years (your kids). That car is in amazing condition but you already know that. Congrats on that great find and I think 6k, its worth every penny.

7. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

It doesn't have to be chopped to be rodded. Case in point, the worlds fastest stock bodied Model A below.

Hop it up!

Attached Files:

9. Doug B

Doug B

Nice car...good score. It looks like it's been lowered a few inches, mostly in the front. Maybe the springs crapped out from sitting so long? I agree with the 16's,juice brakes and hot banger idea....

10. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Take shit load of photos of the A , back them up on disc, then ya got it for life.............then go out the shed ,cut the fucker up :p
    To be honest , even I would be hard pressed to do a thing with this, she's a honey ,best Ive seen for a long time.
    Enjoy it ;)

11. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Now just drive it as is,,don't chop it ,,lower it or scallop it.. Thats a great car a survivour please keep it that way.. Great find and congrats

12. 343w

343w

Nice "oldschol29", it's great to see there are still really nice stockers hiddden away out there, you just have to look in all the hiding places. Good luck with you coupe man.

13. cactus zach

cactus zach

14. it isn't really "rodding" if everything could be put back to stock
    a head and carb and maybe some different wheels are just bolt ons anyway.
    I work with restored model a's and their owners almost daily and they are purist to the core but they have inserted bearings and touring cams and such. it just makes the cars more drivable in todays traffic.
    nice car and don't loose the fenders, they are too nice to not be part of the package
    tk

15. strawberry

strawberry

man what a great find ! I wouldn't do anything to her , what a survivor they are rare , very rare, thats just though, but wow, wash it and drive it .thats all

16. i agree also,it's a solid car,i could see the engine but...

17. rusty28a

rusty28a

Nice! The price was right so you did fine there. Would be fun to park it in front of old buildings, alleys, etc. and take some "vintage" photos.

18. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

wow... i never knew this place turned into the AACA . . .

take a complete, original, and in nice condition car and modify it for speed. that would piss a lot of you off?

fuck, thats the TRADITIONAL way to build a hotrod...

19. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

20. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

Leave it... it looks great. Or just modify with bolt on stuff that can always be easily reversed to get back to stock.

21. Would most AACA members say leave it looking like that, or restore it? I don't know.

"Back in the day" they were probably a dime a dozen. Today, you don't see too many survivors. There's a difference between a restored car and a survivor. The old barn is probably bitchin too, and it wouldn't look the same if someone made it look like new again- there's something about them being weathered, dilapidated, and such that's appealing.

22. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

"Hop it Up, Don't Chop it Up!" There's nothing wrong with a tall roof. BTW super nice score.

23. skwurl

skwurl

24. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

I'm in the AACA with my original 31 A pick-up & I say mild mods if it were me like I did to my A coupe which was 100 percent stock/show. I know alot of old AACA members that really dig my coupe now. Do as you want, it's YOUR car! Just no rat rod stuff, please! As I said before, nice car & good luck...Boz

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

oh fuck that.... :eek: there are plenty of restored ones around... hell give me one of those and I'll chop the little fucker up... :D

26. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Nice find! Congrats. :cool: Lippy

27. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Thats a great find!!!

28. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

A year or so ago there was a thread of a hot rod shop who was contracted to "HOTROD" a beautifully restored 32 and all you hardcore HAMB'ers whined about making it right. anyone know of any updates on that project?

29. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That's a really nice find. Even the bumper clamps are the stock thin 1-piece forged steel ones although the plating and paint are pretty much gone. Does look like the original hubcaps have been replaced with plain ones though.
    Cars this original and unrestored are very hard to find and desrve their place in the car world as true survivors. A fast head and manifold aren't bad additions though.
    Now I'm starting to think my A-V8 29 Tudor really needs to sit on the stock chassis I have. Oh hell, decisions, decisions...
    SO little time, so many projects.