Register now to get rid of these ads!

Real '32 Ford Roadster at Hunnert Car Pileup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roupe, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Roupe

Roupe

Ok you '32 Ford guys, check out this real '32 roadster that I saw at the Hunnert Car Pileup. I don't know who the owner of this car is. You don't see to many real ones any more!

Attached Files:

2. Tony

Tony

Cool car for sure..
    Why is it i'm always drawn towards the car's that look like rusty barn finds more than stuff that's finished...Hmmm, must be a chemical imbalance or something :D:D
    I'd love to own that.

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are drawn to undone cars because at that stage, anything is possible. You could do it any way you want.

Once it's done, it's done. It can only be what it is.

Bitchn little roadster. -Abone.

4. Roupe

Roupe

I had a great time at the HCP. I have never been to a show and have seen so many flatheads, more there this year than last year for sure. I bet there were more flatheads than SBC. Some nasty sounding blown ones too.

Attached Files:

5. that is a neat car . it's from minnesota and i got a real good look at it at Btt50's. i know the guy somewhat , if you need his name , pm me

6. Harms Way

Harms Way

This Deuce was at Autorama a couple shows ago,....... this old girl was out there killing bugs as you see it "Back in the day". ( thought you would like to see it. )
    [​IMG]

7. Roupe

Roupe

Real ones always give me wood.

8. Roupe

Roupe

I got to get to BTT50's again. I haven't been there in 3 or 4 years. The 2 best shows in the midwest are the HCP and BTT50's for sure.

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

get any underhood shots of that car? i think i have/had soem from btt50s, looked like a preety nice flatty set up

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

11. Roupe

Roupe

Thanks I didn't get to see under the hood.

12. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

That was one of the better cars at the pileup this yr too.

13. patina steve

patina steve

Thanks for the positive feed back on the 32, The Hunnert was great !!! Drove throught the night to get home to the Roadster Swap in St Paul. All morning at the swap guys were telling me about the posting on the HAMB.
    I'm lucky that a long time hotrod guy, who had owned the roadster body for over 30 years offered it to me. Another long time hotrod guy sold me all the great speed parts, the great SW gages, the quick change and that built flatty motor.Thanks to all you hotrod guys who like vinatge style hotrods.

14. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

Man that roadsters awesome, there was one about 70mi. from my house that I saw go on ebay about two months ago, no way I will ever be able to afford one though. That is a original one at least, that really sucks...............

15. sodas38

sodas38

I agree with Tony, I am drawn to the "patina'ed" cars also. I gotta believe its because of how much soul those cars have just standing next to them. I would love to drive one like that some day. Plus, the thought that it was probably driven on roads bakc in the 50's just the way it is today.

16. abonecoupe31

abonecoupe31
    from Michigan

You guys are making me think that I should put one of the Model A's together "as is" with the original patina paint...

Nice roadster!

17. very, very nice 32 Steve

18. bdrake

bdrake
    Member Emeritus

That was one of my favorite cars there. Glad you brought it down.

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I saw that car at the HCP. No one was around it so I waltzed over to take a look. I just walked around it slowly taking in all of the details. If your quiet and respectful the thing almost talks to you. I can only imagine what it's done and where it's been. I'm glad I was alone when I looked at it. It's nice not to hear everyone talking and speculating about what, where and how much.
    I'm envious of the owner and wish I had met him. Hope he takes special care to preserve it like it is. BTW, I do like the car.:eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :D
    Another thing, that car was only 12 years old when I was born. Wonder where it was on Sept. 23, 1944?

Frank

20. That car ruled!

But I have to admit my favorite at the show was the Willys roadster. Ka-shwing!

21. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

This post confuses me...

So you believe that you haven't seen many "real" '32 roadsters?

You've probably seen lots...

Is it just that this one has rust on it that makes you sure it's "real"?

22. Roupe

Roupe

You mean this one! Cool car for sure.

Attached Files:

23. TomH

TomH

I Have talked to Steve several time. Even though he put it all together he still thinks of him self as the care taker of it. It's in good hands as long as he has it.

24. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

You're a lucky man Steve.....Rules as is, Once you painted it it would look like all the rest...

25. damm, that car gave me goose bumps.

26. Roupe

Roupe

Steve is indeed a lucky man, I am lucky to own a very nice glass bodied '32 roadster and always enjoy the real vintage steel ones that are left. The vintage steel '32 roadsters are just out of my price range, I would love to own a steel '32 roadster or 3 window.
    Ford made about 4.5 million model A's, about 200,000 1932 Fords and only about 12,500 1932 roadsters. After 75 years of racing, hot rodding, accidents and rust, there are not that many left. Some of the glass ones are easier to spot than others depending on how much detail they put in the body. Usually the flat firewall (no ribs) or the missing detail in the wheel wells are the easy give aways, but there are some nice glass bodies out there.
    Hamber "Deuce Roadster" is one of the lucky ones he has both a steel '32 roadster and 3 window.

27. Blonde Bettie

Blonde Bettie

Let's just say, he really has style. Just wait till you see his next project! I'll keep you in suspence.

28. pissininthewind

pissininthewind
    from 30.000 ft

I'd take that over a model A anyday.

29. Andy

Andy

I 100% agree.

30. SwampYankee

SwampYankee
    from Dudley MA

If you consider that 32 was the first year for the V8 (@ 2/3 of the run vs the 4 banger "B", but I'm not sure of the numbers) My dad's 32 B roadster is one lucky survivor. It's kinda shitty. One glass door and both rear fenders and a garage paint job that really shouldn't have been black considering how little time and talent were expended on the body work.:eek: Like he says though, "if I spent the time and money to do it right I'd never live long enough to enjoy it." This way he gets to putt around in it and it ain't going anywhere so some day me or my son (Grampy's "mini-me") can do it better if we want. He sold off a sweet 30 five-window that he had restored in the early 60s to get this far on the deuce. I had grown up pretending to drive that coupe in the basement and I was a little bent when he sold it, but aside from the rarity factor, the roadster means more to me because of the time we spent at swapmeets searching for that last fender brace or deck lid or whatever...