Register now to get rid of these ads!

Re-Stamping VIN Numbers...or beating dead horses...you decide!?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crazycasey, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

You are correct Bad Shifter,... name. drivers license # or anything to personally I.D. it as yours.... just no V.I.N.#

2. You could do that, sure...but if the car *ever* got impounded, your name, driver's license, whatever, wouldn't make a damn bit of difference. Without a VIN matching the title, you'd *never* get your car back!

This is the "beating dead horses" part of the topic I guess. This thing should probably never have been resurrected. There have been more people pop on here with opinions based on nothing more than "seems like it oughta work" mentality, telling people what to do, and if anybody is dumb enough to follow some of this advice they may find themselves in the slammer or without their car.

If you look a few pages back, you will find my experience dealing directly with the CHP. For all intents and purposes, the things I was told I could do by the CHP are the only things that you can legally do (in California anyway). Anything else could potentially get you in a bind. Please do not spread mis-information, and please do not dig up old threads, read the first couple of posts, and then reply!