Register now to get rid of these ads!

Re-Introduction: Finally Have a HAMB Friendly Ride....

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by lowagon, Dec 17, 2018.

1. lowagon

lowagon
    from St. Louis

I've owned a 1965 Impala since the age of 17 (I'm 38 now) its bagged has 20" wheels and certainly isn't HAMB friendly. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on purchasing a 1950 Buick Special 2 Door Jetback. I fell in love with the body lines on these cars a few years back and have been on the hunt for a project car since. I'm planning to get it low (4 link & bag the rear...probably static drop up front), ditch the torque tube drive train, un a 401 Nailhead and maybe chop the top at some point down the road (if I can grow the balls to do it).

I'm looking forward to learning from and eventually contributing the this community.

Here's a few pictures of the car. It's rust-free except the floor pans and is 99% complete, even though you wouldn't know it from the pictures.

Attached Files:

Casey Riley and HerMink like this.
  2. HerMink

HerMink

lowagon likes this.
  3. Flogknaw

Flogknaw
    from Texas

isn’t the cut off now 1965? I re-read the rules the other night and it says 65 is the cutoff now,

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. Welcome from Southwestern Illinois! Your Buick is super cool! I love the nailhead idea. I’m a diehard Chevy guy, but the other engines are cool too. Especially a Buick in a Buick.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lowagon likes this.

5. lowagon

lowagon
    from St. Louis

Well shit...it looks like you’re right. The styling still isn’t very HAMB friendly though...

Attached Files:

Flogknaw likes this.
  6. Flogknaw

Flogknaw
    from Texas

hmm, I wouldn’t know what to tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.