Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. rdstr29

rdstr29
    from minnesota

I hope to get the roadster running by this Spring. I think it is about time (50 years). I'm impressed with the HAMB as it reminds me of when I first started to work on my roadster. I bought the body when I was 18 years old and built it into a traditional fenderless hot rod. Had it up and running by the time I was 20. 296 cu. Flathead,39 trans / zepher gears. Drove it until I blew the engine at the dragstrip. Met my wife and put the roadster on the back burner until 10 years ago. Put a 32 frame under it. A 327 , th400,9", and the usual modifications to make it a highboy. The only reproduction parts on it are the cowl panels. If I don't get it running pretty soon I guess they will bury me in it!!

Attached Files:

2. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Welcome and good luck getting it going. I even have a soft spot for the yellow on yours.

Never thought I'd like a yellow car until I ended up with my Brookville highboy last year, teeny picture below of my massive yellowness:

[​IMG]

3. Welcome from Washington!

Take it from another guy with an over-due project, its better late than never! Make an
    announcement when you get it on the road; everyone likes to hear these stories....

4. chevyx6

chevyx6

Hey spring starts on March 21st-- I'll be over for a ride !!

5. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

great looking car, please post more photos and welcome to the board!

6. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Welcome from Kentucky & Tennessee! And congrats on getting close with the roadster. Your wife is a patient woman! :D