Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ravine find, wish me luck :updated: Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlamCouver, Jan 28, 2009.

1. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Back in the day around here people would just push cars off cliffs to get rid of them and stoves, old ice boxes and beer racks.

2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Soooo.... what are the plans for the Plymouth??

3. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Cool story and pics!!

4. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

No, that rarely works, and only if the bear is just trying to drive you away. If the bear is hungry, you are just another form of prey - a slow, easy-to-catch one at that.

The grizzly is the top North American predator, the cougar/puma/mountain lion second. Both are known to kill and eat humans. It's rare, but it does happen.

Most bears you find outside Alaska and the high Rockies are the smaller Black/Brown bear (not the Grizzly) . They WILL attack and kill humans for food, especially in Fall (fattening up for hibernation) Spring (just woke from hibernation). In summer, Mama Bear will have cubs, and protect them. If you see cubs, Mama is nearby, and she has a bad attitude.

If you see a bear coming toward you, make noise, fight back, throw rocks and sticks, yell. Put a tree between you and them - they are faster runners than you are, and more agile too, you can't turn with them. You can climb a tree perhaps, but they will try to either climb the tree or push it down, or just wiggle it to knock you out. So go armed with guns and pepper spray, protect yourself. They are not fuzzy cartoon creatures.

5. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

"Soooo.... what are the plans for the Plymouth?? "

Stock car:D.

Thing is my buddy and I know where 2 more 33 plymouths are sitting in the woods as well, but they are pretty crusty.

6. James Boys

James Boys
    from London ONT

That beats a barn find anyday! Cool story.....

7. STUKA

STUKA

Here's my version...My legs are like rubber..There was one spot there where I was seriously puckered up..6 inches of mud and snow seperating me from certain death!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  8. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

sweet pics darrin

9. STUKA

STUKA

Hey,thanks! I'm a regular April May,huh?

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

going back to get any of the other parts? That 51 fender spear/taillight would make a good shop wallhanger!!

11. STUKA

STUKA

I 1/2 ass tried to get the taillight,but the screws were stripping out and my hands were numb..Next time maybe..After the snow melts,who knows what else is there??

12. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

I was thinking the same thing. Also thinking who owns it and do they know it's being moved off thir property?

13. RichG

RichG

A good day spent in the woods fellas! Congrats on pulling that stuff out, I admire the effort it took.

14. STUKA

STUKA

BLM land.It's OUR property!

15. RichG

RichG

Most of that stuff is on access roads, pushed off the sides and left for dead. The easy to reach stuff has been cleaned up years ago, these two went after some harder to reach stuff.

I've seen stuff like this on Boise Cascade property, Weyerhauser, and even back up in the canyons of Eastern Washington. No one owns that stuff, besides, corporations don't give a rat's ass about some old tin.

16. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Good luck, looks like a TON of work. But those are the most satisfying.

17. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That's awesome!! I love vintage stock cars! You'll have to keep us posted! :)

18. Flop

Flop

apparently noone that gave a fuck !!
    nice work on savin that one boys!!!

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

This thread reminds me of a story told to me about a bluff near a town about 30 miles South of me. supposed to have been where cars were pushed off after being stolen and stripped. I think I remember who told me the story about 40 years ago, think I'll call him and ask him about it!
    Dave

20. hvychvy

hvychvy

Makes you wonder what kind of shape they were in before the fall to the bottom.Cool save:D

21. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

what a story..excellent

22. slammed

slammed

Damn straight! Never get tired of these kind's of find's. Keep digging!

23. VanHorton

VanHorton

haha so cool... not bad condition for what it is either. i love it cause its something a lot of people say they are gonna do and then never do it. props for actually doing it... when you go back dont bring any chicks with you, they atract bears.... they can smell the menstration :rolleyes:

24. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

"Can Do Seabee"
    No doubt! :D

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  25. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Fuck throwing rocks, shoot it till you're sure it's dead. Then shoot it some more.
    Oh yeah, then treat yourself to a Molsens and an english wheel!

26. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Heh, I'm with you. Just sometimes you aren't armed when you want to be - I've heard stories from a friend about finding a bear while (literally) shittin' in the woods, with the rifle 50 yards away back in camp. Luckily the bear didn't seem interested. So, defend yourself, don't play dead, that's all.

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

take your .45 with ya and not only bring back your next project..but your dinner too

28. After seeing these pics, the ravines I know about around here are just ditches, you guys are hardcore.

Brad

29. Thumper

Thumper

Shit man.....Wild Kingdom......." Lions and tigers and bears and TIN !! " :rolleyes: