Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rattle Can Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trucked Up, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

My friend is working on a drag car of his today and tells me that last night he used Rustoleum Rattle Can to spray some aluminum trim around the windows as well the boarder around the , plexiglass or some sort of non-glass product,.

The paint looked great and was dry when he arrived this morning to his garage. He noticed a small place on the trim and plexiglass that got scuffed/scratched bare in mounting. He then used the same can of paint to touch it up an instantly the area where the fresh paint was applied the first coat started bubbling. He said it looked like paint remover was applied.

Whats going on here?

Will he have to remove all the old paint and recoat?

2. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

I have had the same problem and I let it dry a couple of days. Sand and re coat it with light coats. This product seams to dry very slowly.

3. Mumford

Mumford
    from Canada

I just went through this with the same brand of paint and every other rattle can paint known to man.It all reacted the same way.I was adding brackets to my front engine car and didn't want to strip everything to touch up the spots.As soon as it was dried and sanded next day it went to shit.
    I'm no painter for sure but the only way I could fix it was scuffed it down and put Urethane paint in a small gun and shot it that way.Cost me two weeks of evenings to figure it out and throw in the towel.

4. Same here Auto shop,
    Painted my hole truck with satin blk. rattle and the gravel pan was sprayed later but it bubbled like orange peel, so I lightly sanded it and re-sprayed few days later and wala. OK
    Good luck

5. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

could it be that when he shot over it he might not of taken a couple test shots to clear out the transparent first blast?