Register now to get rid of these ads!

ratstars junkyard score of the weekend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratstar, Sep 8, 2007.

1. ratstar

ratstar

I was out looking at an "old buick" that someone told me about, and it has a 401 in it. Its the one in the picture. Good block from what I can see, its hard to turn over but it does. The hood has been on it up till I took it off to remove the engine.

Anyway thats not even the good score!

Here is the good part, I went wandering as I always do in yards, and found what looks to me like a Riviera, walked over opened the hood and there was either a 401 or 425. I grab the pulley and give her a yank, she turns and I can hear the valves releasing the built up pressure! I walk back to the yard owners and ask him about it and he says I can take both for 150 if I pull them. Asked if I wanted the trannys and I said nope.

Now mind you this is no ordinary yard this is a yard thats getting shut down by the city, and I've been going there since I had my first car, so I know the guy real well.

Attached Files:

2. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Grab the transmissions...they're unique to Nailheads, a later BOP (Buick Olds Pontiac) isn't going to work.
    Even if you plan on going with a 4spd or something, the transmissions are worth getting just to resell.

-Brad

3. ratstar

ratstar

But they've got adapters all over the place for them and I dont really got room for the trannys.