Register now to get rid of these ads!

rat rod RUMBLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bullet boy, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbhotrod34

bbhotrod34
    from dalton, ga

Hey south east hot rodders, a little rain never hurt any thing.

We put the paradise drag strip "show and go" show on, last year for the may show the weather report gave 70% chance of of thunder storms,i said "this one ain't a go" we got no rain, had a great show and turn out. I am three hours away and leaving after lunch. See you there. B.b.

2. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

Heading out at lunch.

3. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

This doesn't sound like fun tent camping weather or for driving home 300 miles in an old rusty truck with marginal windshield wipers and no defroster.

For you guys that are going, I hope the weatherman is wrong, but I think I'm gonna sit this one out.

4. speedfiend

speedfiend

I've been attending this show 4 yrs now. Always a great time. I wouldn't care if you called it homodoucheapolooza, cause it'd still be the best damn car show around here! ( But i prolly wouldn't wear the T-shirt as much) And I just bought an EZ UP. Fuck the rain!

Hey Bootlegger, is that you Derek? Daniel here, Hailey and I and the whole damn family should be there about noonish. Got the Galaxie ready to go!

5. Robinson

Robinson

We will be there again selling tshirts and signs on Saturday. Stop by and buy stuff! If you don't have any money, just stop by and say Howdy! Thanks

6. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

It is 11:50 pm. Just got inside from working on the 61. Should be on the road at 7:00 am.

7. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

Had a great time! Friday was beautiful, some rain on Saturday but only for about an hour.

Sold all my swap meet stuff and got some striping done on my '39, great atmosphere all kinds of nice old cars...and some really pretty gals!

8. Hope everyone enjoyed the show! I made it half way before smoking the rearend. My poor boy brethern forged on and had a great day-can't wait to see pics posted! Already planning for make it next year.

SPECIAL THANKS TO EARLSHEIB/ poor boy Mike for bailing me out with a tow HOME from Carthage!!

9. Big Fat Daddy

Big Fat Daddy
    from California

You know, that's funny. When someone says "Rat Rod" everyone things the worst of it. Just because us "Rat Rodders" use what we have and innovate a bit, doesn't mean it's a piece of crap. I always hear other members say they are "Traditionalist" when it comes to Hot Rods..... So, tell me why is it a '32 Ford has a Corvette rear-end, a Chevy 350 motor, and a Non-Era paint job and they aren't called Rat Rodders??? I guess I'm too much of a Dickhead to figure that one out, huh....

10. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

Got some new ink at the Rumble...well kinda ink.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This's the clip from my first run in it.

11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Who did the striping?

12. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

Pioneer

13. NOLUCK13

NOLUCK13

Yeah the times are a changing, Get over it! Call the show whatever you want!

14. I tell everyone my 31 coupe is a rat rod??? I wouldnt know how else to define it... Its not traditional i mean come on look at the wishbones! but none the less its built to the gills using all brand new parts.. I tell everyone there is a difference between a rat rod and just rat trash... rat trash is the metal office seat chairs welded to the floor and stop signs riveted to the body sides to patch over holes.. Things of that nature.. I mean build a cheap low budget car ok but dont "throw" something together and dont slack on steering and brakes by no means.. If cars like that end up in accidents it will force laws to be changed that could affect all of us! Look at Illinois.. Last i heard if you had a rat rod in Illinois it had to be able to pass a nsra inspection.. That means no more super low cars you have to have windshield wipers etc. etc.. Real Rat Rodders should not embrace those Rat trash kind of cars.. It gives the name Rat Rod a bad name.

15. any pics from this year?

16. Big Fat Daddy

Big Fat Daddy
    from California

I totally agree with you. I just can't stand it when someone says they are a "Traditionalist" when it comes to Hot Rods and have the described scenario I included in my first comment. I just hate it when people bash on "Rat Rods" because they think we are all just trying to throw crap together and call it a car. The way I look at it is at least I'm using the same manufacturers motor in my car and keeping something 61 years old on the road...:cool:

17. speedfiend

speedfiend

The wife,kids and I drove over the mountians from NC in our '62 Galaxie.We got a late start then with the rockslide on 40, ended up taking 3 hrs. But the scenery is beautiful! We arrived just after the little storm had moved thru, so we missed the drag racing(my son was bummed, me too) But we saw some killer cars and stayed for the bands. See ya'll next year. Notice all the rain in the pics....

Heres some pics, not mine. I copyed this link from a guy on a chopper forum. Hope he dosen't mind.
    http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/tntrash/Rat%20Rod%20Rumble%202010/?start=all

18. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

19. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

Nice write up...I especially like this shot.

[​IMG]

20. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

Thanks...had a good time up there as always.

21. Kerry67

Kerry67

Traditional, Rat Rod, Hot Rod, whatever as long as it is cool and a safe car to drive, call it what you want ! It is just a name ! Don't EVER change the name of the show.

22. Big Fat Daddy

Big Fat Daddy
    from California

Thanks Kerry......Thats what I'm talking about....Just keep it real....

23. bullet boy

bullet boy

the dates are april 29 - may 1 check out the pics on this post from prevous years

24. PBR STREETGANG

PBR STREETGANG

Ill be there in my- almost fully not really traditional, exactly kinda sorta period correct, pre/post war- depends on the war- rusty high tech, 3 pedal, no fender, v8, 2 pot, west coast look, east coast theme, pro-anti, non conformist but yet generic,somewhat club affiliated , painted by ford, close to almost fully not fake patina, professionally shade tree built,soon to be high mileage,p.o.s. R-r, hot rod truck.

Its a good show.

If you are not an asshole, you'll probably have a great time.

25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Too freakin funny.
    Ui am loading up the truck full of 50s thru 70s magazines

26. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

Hey PBR Streetgang, that is one of my favorite movies of all time! "this war will end one day...." I know, off topic! :D

27. Hmmm, would a "traditionalist" be considered a "Gold Chainer" at a RR event? Soooo many labels. Life is short, Cars are fun. Hope your event goes well and the weather is clear.:D

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

getting ready to head out

29. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Alright.... Who's got pictures? I had to stay here and deal with tornado carnage.

30. ratster

ratster

not to many hamb friendly cars showed up still a good show

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.