Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rashy's HAMB Drags "Thank You" post... Yeah, another drags post.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CURIOUS RASH, Aug 24, 2009.

1. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Where to start? An odd year for the Tulsa crew and the Rashy clan.

First, I have to thank Pops.
    You see, "Pops", the dude who got me started in this crazy world of old cars, is not currently operating at 100 percent, and it's tough to see your mentor in need of anything.

He wanted to make the drags and make the drags we did!

A bunch of has had really rallied around his car to get it back together for the trip this weekend and we nearly pulled it off. Unfortunately, just about 5 miles from my house, the fan got into the radiator. It appears the one thing we didn't re-do would be our undoing. So we sat at the side of I-44 until a buddy of Whitey's came to tow it back to my place.

Big thanks to that dude. He was extremely careful with the car and would not take payment. Sadly, I cannot even recall his name. Heat exhaustion I guess. Anyway, we stuck Pops car in my shop and started over again.

Being present for every HAMB drags could not prepare me for the hotel lot when we got there. Where did all these cars come from?

Crazy, just crazy.

The rest is a blur. Here's my list of thanks, in addition to Whitey's buddy. N o particular order and I'm sure I will forget someone. Don't be offended. I'm an idiot.

Ryno - are you kidding me? Can there be a cooler dude? I am proud to call him friend. He hooked us up with a golf cart at the tracks so Pops could get out and about and that was way more handy than I would have thought. I think we may have actually commandeered both of his carts but he didn't seem to mind. The cart was plenty but he kept on helping out, offering the use of the cart that night at the hotel and even picking it back up so I didn't have to drive it back. A few redbull and vodkas later and I was glad for that. He also offered help figuring out the electrical gremlins on Mama Rash's 59. All greatly appreciated man. Big THANKS to you, your mini me, and your lovely wife. It was a pleasure hanging out with you all weekend. I also appreciate you sharing your memories of your Dad with me. I now it was tough and I never know what to say. Ever.

The Vagabonds. I saw GVGordons car once at the tracks aand once in the parking lot. Didn't see him until I was leaving the lot Sunday morning to go wait for O'Reilly's to open. Seems the Vagabonds put together a wad of cash to help out with Pops car. Highly appreciated dudes. We have his car under control, I think. There are plenty of other expenses incurred, rest assured it will go to good use.

The Dirty's. If I could be guaranteed my kids would turn out anything like Danyelle (SP?) or Ryder (SP? again), I would be more interested in kids. You all are truly a testament to good parenting. A waning breed I'm afraid. Thank you all and the kids for putting smiles on all our faces. You probably thought the kids were a burden on us but the reality is quite the opposite.

Denise. Just for being Denise and bringing smiles to Pops and Dody's faces.

The Yay-Hoos. You all are always a pleasure to see. Always so damned happy. That's a good thing though.

Tuck, Kevin Lee, Malcolm and Dumb Whore. Just for hanging out and adding some laughter.

Ryan, Marcie and the crew. I feel generally useless around you all. You seem so well practiced I'm pretty sure I am just in the way. You guys get together on weekends and practice selling T-shirts and stuff don't ya? C'mon you can tell me!

The Tulsa gang. Donald and Kit Sprague, Monkey, Lil Toot, Bulletproof, Whitey, my brother, and my friend Scrappy. Thanks for helping on the car and everything else. Ronnie Tartar - thanks for the AC and advice on the car. I wish I had paid better attention when you suggested checking the Transmission mount. Or, rather, wish I did a better job checking it. Dang.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

P.S. I took ZERO pics...

3. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

But Bulletproof took some and I'm swiping them...

Mama Rash and Danyelle on one of Ryno's carts...

[​IMG]

The Rash's and the Dirty kids....
    [​IMG]

4. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Prepare to Joust!
    [​IMG]

Ride 'em Ryder!
    [​IMG]

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Left to Right.... Ryno, Monkey, Rashy getting his drink on....
    [​IMG]

Denise and Pops on nitrous.... :D
    [​IMG]

6. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Don't try this at home...
    [​IMG]

One happy little girl. One slighty buzzed Rashy
    [​IMG]

7. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Scrappy and Ryder
    [​IMG]

8. Dirty2

Dirty2

What a great time with our friends !!! Great pictures and memorys ! I still cant belive yall carried those kids on yalls sholders up and down the hill many times , and around the parking lot , and I mean completly around the parking lot many times !!

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

dude, no thanks needed... George let us know about what happened... its just brothers helpin brothers man

10. monsterflake

monsterflake

i got to meet the dirty's, that little boy can't weigh 30 pounds, and about 10 of that is his smile. does he ever stop grinning?

11. bigken

bigken

Good seein' you man, just did NOT get to spend the time together, I thought we might. I had family there, and did not get to get out as usual.
    See you at Pistons & Paint.

12. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Man O Man! Sure great to see some of that "GREEN" ink again.

13. Sorry I missed this one, sounds like a good time.

14. BLAKE

BLAKE

Good seeing you this weekend - !!

[​IMG]

15. Is the HAMB a great page and the HAMB drags a great happening of what? Family fun to be had by all................. we had a blast

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you guys more than just a hello, but it was good to see ya...

17. GV makes me proud to fly the Vagabond colors. Got a cell call 7AM Sunday morning on my way to work. G had a plan and we all agreed.

Miss you Rashy

18. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Trent your makin' me blush.

19. NoSurf

NoSurf

It was great seeing ya man!!!

fun times fo sho...

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Ron, it was great to see you, Pops, and family... I've never had much of a chance to hang out with you guys before, besides talking to Pops some. Well, I finally did on Saturday and would like to think I've made some new friends. It was great to meet everyone else!
    What a great crew - Pops is lucky to have all of you around to keep him company and help him out.

Good photos, too :) Those Dirtys, I tell ya, couldn't ask for better people/kids!

Malcolm

21. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

I for one am honored to work on his car,his standards far exceed my abilitys....im just damn glad to be involved....it was a pretty defeated feeling setting on the road side..

22. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Dang, screwed up my first post. will fix it tonight...

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wish that I could have hung out with ya guys. Seems like we are always going
    in the other direction. I've already have been and always will be praying for Pops.
    Hearing the story about your road trip just broke my heart. That was real kool of
    ya guys to help out in the project. Helping a fellow Rodder is what it is all about.

Happy Trails,

Mick

24. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Fixed the first post so it makes sense now...

TZ, you were missed like crazy. Sadly, I'm kinda used to NOT seeing you anymore.

Mick. You rock

You all are great people....

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  25. monsterflake

monsterflake

talk about screwing up, this one ain't even green! i missed seeing your awesome hair...:mad:

26. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Blake, are you the same guy who keeps photographing bigfoot?

:D

27. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

More stolen pics...

Heading out in Pops car, before all hell broke loose...

[​IMG]

And after....
    [​IMG]

28. It was great seeing you, Rashy....hell, I even received a viscious kick from your daughter. I wasn't aware the silver haired gent was your dad or I'd have told him some secrets about you I'll bet he doesn't know..heh heh..

29. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

On the road again....
    [​IMG]

And before we headed back... There were three Tulsa hoods up, we need to up our game...
    [​IMG]

30. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

HAH! I only wish that kid was mine, and Pops isn't my Dad, he's Whitey's. I'd gladly adopt him though. Actually, I believe I already have.