Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Rare Wheels - show us what you've got!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemisteve, Feb 15, 2008.

1. JasonCarGuy

JasonCarGuy

Here's the Ford 5 X 5 1/2" bolt pattern Artillery wheels I'm running on my Model A. These I believe were a Kelsey Hayes aftermarket Artillery, really odd center cap opening, my buddy formed and made the hubcaps complete from scratch with snap in beads!! Originally the centers were chromed and the outer rim painted I've been told, couldn't afford to got hat route, so I went traditional painted and striped.

Attached Files:

2. I believe those were made by Dayton beginning in the mid-50's

3. Pair of 16x10 American torque thrust made of magnesium..sold 'em right here on the HAMB many years ago.

Attached Files:

4. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

those are dayton hubs and wheels, 2 dual wheels a center spacer ring and the wedges and nuts

5. .

Just picked these up to use on my new 5-window when I want to change up the look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love this pic of the man himself - Romeo Palamides.

[​IMG]

I'll be running pie crust slicks and flat discs just like in the pic.

Kevs56 likes this.
  6. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

I've seen those before...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. batt69nova

batt69nova
    from OR

Instead of photobucket, use this site:

http://imgur.com/

It's FREE, and your images will never have a bandwidth cap.

I've been using it for a few years now, with zero problems.

If you can use photobucket, you can use imgur (they are both equally easy to use).

8. BBBad2dabone

BBBad2dabone

I have been looking for a pair of 15x15 Magnesium American wheels since 1996. That is when I first got a computer and saw a picture of them on the internet. Since then I have come to learn that magnesium Torq Thrusts made in the 1965-1971 time frame that were over 11 inches wide had the gusset added to each spoke (in the mold). So I was told that there were 15x12, 15x13.5 and 15x15 wheels made like this for Can Am & Trans Am racing.
    In 2008 a friend of mine bought a set of 4 of these that had been on a 60's Corvette road racer. He offered to sell me a pair and I was jazzed until I found out they were 13.5" wide, so I passed. Last year he sold his to a guy out of state who was supposed to have a pair of the same wheels 14" wide in Ford pattern. I contacted this fellow and asked what the actual width of his wheels was. He said his has been covered in Gibbs sealed in a plastic bag packed away for several years and it would take a week or so for him to have time to dig them out of storage. They turned out to be 13.5 wide but they were in excellent condition and had the rumors of an unusual history. At his point my hopes had been up for a couple of weeks and I was beginning to think that the 15x15s didn't exist so I made the deal and bought them.
    <O:pBut there is more to the story.....[​IMG]

bowie likes this.
  9. YIKES! :eek: Wheels need not be shown at actual size! :p

10. BBBad2dabone

BBBad2dabone

Ok I just wanted you to be able to see the dust and cobwebs on the original paint.

11. BBBad2dabone

BBBad2dabone

Right after I made the bank transfer for the 15x13.5s I heard about a pair of 15x15s[​IMG]

bowie likes this.
  12. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

6 window slot mags, unmarked, looking for another pair.

Attached Files:

13. monsterflake

monsterflake

14. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

amn i want a set of these so bad. i just cant cough up that kind of money for them. i also want a set of bear claw's to. there on my bucket list to some day score.:rolleyes:

15. split51

split51
    from guthrie ok

A set of 16" spindle mounts i recently ran across. I need to dismount the tires and have them shotpeened.

[​IMG]

A pair of 15x8.5"

[​IMG]

A single 15x8"

[​IMG]

A set of 15x3.5" slots.

[​IMG]

Here is a wheel i have 3 of and am looking
    for one more.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  16. POPSTAGE2

POPSTAGE2
    from Wisconsin

^^^^^^
    Very cool! Those are more rare than you think!
    What you could have done is find the more available 8 or 10 inch and have them rewhooped in the 4 inch.

That's what I did with my Spyders

17. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Great find on the Keystones. I still have the set hanging on the garage wall that came off my Plymouth over 35 years ago. Sweet.

18. 1970malibu

1970malibu
    from Minnesota

Oh I know them keystones are rare, Took a guy I know almost 5 years to find a pair. Good to know about being able to rewhoop them. I see the wide ones pop up quite frequently and would think it would be a good idea to hold onto some so if I should damage one I can have one "made". I have a wide pair to go with the skinnies but there for my non hamb friendly chevelle. But when I first saw a pair of the skinnies, I just had to have a pair!

19. mattrod68

mattrod68

ive only seen sets of these in chevy and small ford, never 5 on 5 1/2. too bad med condition is forcing sale they look good in my living room!!

[​IMG]

20. stitcherbob

stitcherbob
    from new jersey

Anyone have any info about Mr Gasket Pro/Stocks....the wheels that came with my 69 Roadrunner I bought in '82? They look like Cragar S/S but the center caps have the Mr Gasket Pro/Stock logo with a black background as opposed to the blue on Cragars. I have 2 15" ones on the rear and would like to find some for the front.

21. Ok guys,,,,this may NOT be RARE wheels but i need some info,If you please.
    These are FORD Vanette Wheels,8 lug and I think 17"...
    Can I use Tubeless tires on this?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

22. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

ET-X I've had a couple pairs myself.

Attached Files:

23. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

These 16in wheels came off my 40 Willys project. They have 5.25-16 tires and bolt pattern 5-41/2. I've seen these on some early Willys gassers. I don't know how rare they are............But they look cool:D

Attached Files:

24. p/ugasser

p/ugasser

How about some lemans american wheels with original stickers and caps. 5 on 5.5

Attached Files:

25. Hemiaaron

Hemiaaron

Are these rare?

Attached Files:

26. Ironmonger

Ironmonger

How about this guys :)

These are a full set with all hardware, N.O.S. in the box and never mounted MT/Holley ( Mickey Thompson) Mag rims. They belong on the wall like art or on a museum car. They were shipped a few months after I was born, best of all the one I cracked open looks like it was made yesterday........ :D

27. SimonSez

SimonSez

28. Hemiaaron

Hemiaaron

I have seen the later version without the rotor flange pad area I guess those would be the more common ones.

29. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Here are a pair of vintage 16x11 American Racing magnesium 5 spokes in a 5 on 5 1/2" bolt pattern with 10.50x16 M&H Racemaster Dragster pie crust slicks mounted on them. The magnesium has aged just right. From what I've researched M&H only made the pic crust sides for a couple of years in the mid 60's than went to smooth sides.

[​IMG]

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Guess I have yet to post these here... Full set of 16"s

Attached Files: