Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Rare Wheels - show us what you've got!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemisteve, Feb 15, 2008.

1. guffey

guffey

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. monsterflake

monsterflake

i've had a bit of luck in my recent buying spree of wheels. i told myself i really don't NEED any more, but sometimes, things just come your way.

how about a very (very) nice set of 15x4 and 15x10 200-S (daisy spoke) americans? supposedly only out of the original boxes within the last few years, they were on an '85 monte carlo ls.

i really don't want to say what i paid for them, but it was less than what i got for my (well-used) 15x4 and 15x7 combo. that was about 10 years ago. if somebody were to make me an offer along the lines of the current listing on ebay, i might consider it. :D

(disregard the o/t super tricks, that's a whole 'nother story)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. HMPBK37

HMPBK37

Found a set of these 14 x 6?. They are aluminum spokes and front with steel outer rim. The only markings I see are "made in USA" and the letter "C". Does anyone have any idea what brand they are. I have one 14" Mickey Thompson Ford pattern that they look like but the Mickey Thompson has the name on the back.

Attached Files:

4. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Rare for the fact that they are NOS from 1965!

my Fenton Hawk's with tri bar spinners

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Checkout hayashi wheels , 4*100 is most likely to be Japanese , won't fit European cords or alfas/fiat , if they are hayashi Honda or Mazda guys will pay good money

6. I have some where in all of my junk I have two Spyder Motor Wheels....

7. Mojo

Mojo

That pattern was passed around a lot it seems. I think several different companies made that wheel, with that exact same lip where the spokes start, and that same webbing. If it's a no-name, it's most likely Sears. They seemed to bought name brand (M/T, Fenton, ect) patterns, and removed the OEM names from them. I think Sears sold more wheels than the OEM's did.

8. fordcpe

fordcpe

Attached Files:

9. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Howards,couldn't find any had these made,sold them to mercuryjunky,he had them chromed.

Attached Files:

10. McKay59AB

McKay59AB
    from Chelan,Wa

I have no idea what car these came on.....1934 something maybe? 17 inch, 5 on 5 1/2. The attached stainless ring is very unique. Any ideas out there?

Attached Files:

11. brad2v

brad2v

This is the spare from the Ford Techna concept car. i presume this car must have seen action in the Pacific northwest, I bought this one at the Portland swap meet 12 odd years ago, and another guy had a worn out set of 4 for sale there as well, that, in hind sight, i should've bought as well.

Attached Files:

12. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

I have some of those as well. I've got four NOS with a 5x5 bolt pattern and two that are relatively worn out with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern. The Firestone LXX were apparently a somewhat experimental safety tire/wheel combo. The first Stutz Blackhawk had them (Elvis' car, still at his Graceland home/museum). They are also on the Pontiac Farago (below).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. juras

juras

anyone knows what those are???... to me looks like an illegitimate love child between halibrands and cragars s/s..or american torque thrusts... very narrow for mags so i thought maybe some very rare and kool sprint/indy racer mags.... however, maybe it's just some new one-off custom take on old style mags....
    a friend snapped this thing in texas and posted in his album on that faceplace, and it's gnawing at me who the hell are those made by....i really dig those partial ribs/gussets on spokes too....

someone else commented on that photo on fb and offered that they're possibly made by some dude named curtis who worked for boyd.... that could be valid as i've never seen another example like this....
    anyone??....

Attached Files:

14. Baldan

Baldan

These are what car wheels, ford or chevrolet, what year?

Can someone help me?

Attached Files:

15. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

I believe they're Kelsey-Hayes from the 1930s or 1940s, 16" x 4.5". Found 5 of them on epay, one had never been painted!

Attached Files:

16. Rem

Rem

The R&C feature says they were made by Mike Curtis.

Feature: http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/featuredvehicles/1004rc_1932_ford_tudor_sedan/index.html

17. juras

juras

so they are...thanks a lot...crap, i have a sub to r&c for years but have been reading it only perfunctorily and either missed that feature on this green rod or simply forgot i saw it there a year ago or so...thanks for taking the time to find it, mucch obliged...the man who suggested it to me originally that the wheels were made by mike curtis was indeed correct...

18. MarkR

MarkR

16 inch Bear Paws, Goodyear Blue Streak Dragway Specials, 12 Spoke with 5x15 M+H Racemasters all from 1969.

Attached Files:

19. Love those Bearclaws (or Paws, either way) - they are one of my favorite vintage wheels - would love to find another pair of 16x13s.

Steve

20. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

Does anyone know the od & length of the center hub of the 18" american 12 spoke?
    Looking to make a scale replica of them.

Thanks

21. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

Sears and Roebuck Raders 1967. anyone need a pair? 14 x 6 5 on 5" BC

See my calssified ad

Dave

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  22. scottylack

scottylack
    from NJ

Looking for 15 inch Mopar/Ford Spyders or Sears Rader wheels...shout if you know of a set!

23. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Joined the club finally
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1349138101.872100.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

24. FI-62

FI-62

This is a copy of the old Halibrand 5 port kidney bean wheels from the fifties' They're made by P.S. Engineering (Phil Schmidt) in California. I had a set of 15X6 made for my 62 Corvette.

Attached Files:

25. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Does anyone recognize this wheel? There is a whole set of them on a '40 Chevy coupe in the shop.

The center caps say E-T obviously, but I haven't taken them off of the car to see if there are more markings inside. I assume they are 15x6 and were made in the '70s, since the coupe is brown and gold, hahaha.

They are cast aluminum construction with weird allen head bolts going around them. Kinda weird looking but for some reason I kind of like them too.

[​IMG]

26. Those are Fentons - not sure of the model though.

27. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Am I the only one running Mehalish Wheels from back in the day

Attached Files:

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Sylvian, you never fail to amaze, I have got to meet you one day.

29. Mike Ornellas

Mike Ornellas
    from California

Im interested in your wheels.

[email protected]