Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rare factory"Options"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trichop, Mar 30, 2012.

1. elba

elba

1958 Chevy Impala with factory air bags.

2. elba

elba

Camaro with bench seat

3. Those were more common than you think, but were usually seen in the cheaper models. Mustang and Cougar also offered those; the Cougar versions are the rare ones....

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

saw in a yard in iowa

64 fairlane bucket seats console, 3 on tree, so the console had a shifter delete panel covering the 4speed hole

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

My old neighbor had a 59 Chevy biscayne. 4 door post. He thinks it was a dealer on the lot promo car because it had everything offered for impalas but not biscayne.
    Original 2 tone paint. 283 with overdrive. PS & PB. Impala side trim and 3 piece bumpers, rear antennas, all dash chrome and dash options.
    He bought it from the original owner and she still had the plastic over the two tone seats.
    It was a sweet ride, for a base model with everything.

6. noboD

noboD

You are right, but I have a RS SS 396 with custom bench seat.

7. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Dont forget the Camaro fold down rear seat....I wonder if they made one with a bench seat in front and a fold down rear? That would be cool to haul the dog in.

8. BRAINS!

BRAINS!

i know its OT but i know where there is a 68 plymouth mod top rotting away in a yard in maine, not much left of it but you can still see the flowers on whats left of the vinyl top and the door panels

9. elba

elba

In 1972 I ordered a 1972 Nova with a factory 3 speed with a floor shifter.

10. 327Eric

327Eric

66 Chevy C-10, factory 327 4 barrel

11. stimpy

stimpy

they were such a good Idea we still use them on semis today , my fleet had them on them , saved alot of time on the weekends for the mechanics , all they had to do was check the canister and look at the items that are supposed to get greased , no fresh blue grease meant problems , and we hardly ever had problems . only thing they had to grease was the u joints and fifth wheel , and wipe the excess off the floor when it dripped off .

12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

So there were hoses running to the ball joints, tie rods etc.?

13. stimpy

stimpy

did Chrysler have the same problem like Rochester did on the Gms were they went funky when passing under high tensions lines from the RFI and static discharge ??

14. stimpy

stimpy

yep , on the truck we have them run to the king pins, tie rod ends , and shackle mounts , its a very small hose little bit larger than cheap nylon oil line they come out of a masterline , and you have to make sure there tight or do not get a hole in them as its alot of pressure and will shoot a small spiderweb like stream across the room. my guys though it was funny to nail the guy in the next service bay with grease on the back of the legs when clearing the lines ...

15. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

ive been picking up rare hood ornaments from '37...and this is my newest optional ford approved locking hood ornament.

Attached Files:

16. lrlforfun

lrlforfun

OK HAMB People: I'm not sure if this was a factory accessory or not. A 65 Newport 6 window post sedan......with a hand held throttle. I think it was a 4-speed but not sure. It was a long time ago.

I had a 69 New Yorker 4 door post with manual windows, radio delete, split power bench (both sides) and climate controlled a/c. Now that's weird equipment. I'm almost not even a Mopar guy.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  17. this is how the story goes. i have seen the car but cannot verify that the story is accurate. i should look into if the car is still around...anyways

a police station in little town in western ks ordered a car for the station. I was young when i saw it so i dont know for certain, but memory tells me it was about a 58 ford that they ordered. what showed up was the correct make and model. however it showed up with pink paint, and a zebra striped interior. story goes on to say that they sold it to a little old lady who drove it to church and the grocery store. when she passed it went to this other family. like i said i have seen it but i cant swear that it was factory or anything.

18. slowmotion

slowmotion

OT category, '69 SS396 Chevelle, 300 series (2dr post), 375hp, 4spd, bench seat, rubber mat floor. Guy bought it new here, pretty rare bird.

19. gmpartsgod

gmpartsgod

i have a 69 chevy kingswood wagon with liquid tire chain bottles in the rear 1/4s

20. I think someone mentioned a Falcon clock. Here are pictures of one I found in a 62 or 63 Falcon Ranchero sitting in a junk yard near me. Guessing it was a Dealer item.

Attached Files:

21. I have a 56 chevy 210 4 door sedan with 265 2 bbl, powerglide, 2 tone paint, EZ full tint glass, power steering, back up lights, rubber floor mat,clock, cigarette lighter, deluxe heater and radio delete, one piece frame, one piece front bumper, 3 piece rear bumper. Built in Janesville Wi. I think mostly original with a repaint in factory Sherwood green and pinecrest green, pinecrest green rims with black pinstripe JB

dearjose likes this.
  22. lilbdfrd

lilbdfrd

I know that you guys aren't really mustang fans but my grandpa had a 67 mustang that was gold (one month only option) with a black vinal flowered top gold roses for a fact(one month only option). REALLY REALLY UGLY.

23. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Anyone know or have photos

24. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I bought this '64 Tempest LeMans wagon from a used car lot in '67. It was originally equipped with:

326 HO V8
    4-speed
    bucket seats
    positraction
    metallic brakes
    HD suspension
    VibraSonic radio thing
    [​IMG]

With the 326 it was no rocket ship, but it was a clean, solid car when I bought it with 67,000 miles on it. Would have been a great GTO phantom with a 389, but it was stolen before I was able to do that.

In the photo it has 15 x 7 Corvette wheels and wide BFG tires. I shaved some of the trim and painted it a dark metallic pewter grey.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Wife's '62 Buick Electra has an adjustable speed warning buzzer built into the speedo.

26. DavidY

DavidY
    from 15102

My 1957 Chevy 150 Business Coupe is rare for the options it doesn't have, rather than what it does have. It's a 3-speed 235 six. The only options it has are a right side sun visor and a recirculating heater. No back seat; fixed non-roll down rear quarter windows; rubber floor mat instead of carpet; no outside rear view mirror; no radio; no clock; no cigarette lighter. Just about as bare bones as you can get.

27. i secretly am into mustangs and havnt ever heard of that. thats interesting!

28. buckd

buckd

In 1957 I was 10 years old and my dad wanted to trade in his 51 Chrysler. What he found at the dealership in Santa Ana Cal. Was a new Saratoga that someone had special ordered With police intercepter 392 w/ dual quads, dual point ign. and beefed up torqueflite. The man that ordered it died just before he was to take delivery. The kicker is that the paint scheme was desert beige with sunset rose top and and fin inserts. Dad got a great deal on it cause most people didn't want a "pink" car. I learned to drive in it and the girls loved it in highschool. For some reason he kept having to replace the rear tires????????????:p

29. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

My 50 Chrysler 8 pass sedan had a electronic opening gas cap that flipped up when pushing the button,not quite sure if it was factory or aftermarket but the hole in the dash for the switch looked like it came from the factory with it.

30. And a pretty wicked rare bird at that