Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rare Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 6, 2011.

1. RAY With

RAY With

Over the years you changed so why not make suitable changes to your ride? Seems like a normal thing to do and if it what you want to do you do it. My favorite ride for hiway has been changed over several years to accommodate my needs and I never looked back. Visibly its the same but inside its more what I want and need so go for it

2. Look at some of the bits and pieces you don't like the looks of and maybe make small changes as time/budget/family allows. The car is damn sharp with everything I've seen pictures of.
    It's like my 65 Chevy pickup is to me after owning it 25 years and 300k miles. It's been parked for 4 years. Time and money. My A Tudor has been more important.

3. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

It's kinda like my old truck, though not rare by anything, but still similar. I've got memories stored high to the hilt in this heap of rust. Some parts of me wants it to be like it was when I was 14 and learning to drive. But then again I just want to have fun and enjoy it. I'm tired of saying I'm a hot rodder. Hot rodders had balls in the past now it seems they leave them on the table and hope that something happens. We follow trends and eventually we look just like the rest. Same build style and all. You can lead or follow. I think you know what to do.

4. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Sometimes, if you have an itch, you need to scratch it.

5. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

do what you think is best man. worst case scenario, you hate it and put it back like it was. shit's reversable. if that is the case, we will take up a collection, i got 20 bucks to start. lol

6. hasty

hasty

I see you have taken the tape off the headlights. Made it look even meaner. Great picture, by the way.

7. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

What would you do to it if you were to buy it now from another person?

8. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Doane changed things all the time. He was always learning. The t-bird was a work in progress.

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Be careful. You might get the itch to go light up some hides. It's good for the soul. If you de-tune it too much it might lose all its early appeal.

10. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Funny, I ALWAYS thought that it was Ryan lighting the tires up on a Sunday morning in downtown KC.

Vroom.......Your coupe is a 'sleeper'.......spot on from where I have seen it and when the "job" needs to get done.....the old gal does it......Just don't put the 3rd brake light back in it ;) .

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mz95xaMMZhA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mz95xaMMZhA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Chris

11. Bluto's had the rarest coupe but unfortunately he would have lost all the value if he did change it!!!;)

I'd say that your coupe is a reflection of you and many times a persons tastes will change over time... "Have at it Ryan" if anything you have a few million people that'll help guide your decisions!!! hahaha...

12. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I changed a lot of stuff in that coupe ...... just did it so no one really noticed

I cut the entire front off the car and peplaced it. When done people would ask ''Is that the original paint?'' OR ''How did you find it in such nice condition?'' Kindda like "I brought it at Sears"

I have never finished anything like it left the factory. Just leave people with a perception of ''Original''

"Race cars come from the factory assembled for ease of shipment'' Carrol Smith

Most of the crap I own and work on is really one off. No matter how RARE things are YOU OWN IT! AND don't let anyone tell you shit. They DON'T

And the new owner replaced the entire body!

13. Deuce_Eddie

Deuce_Eddie
    from Portugal

The way I see it, a rod is like owning your own house and garden... it's never done. We grow, evolve, some things age well, some don't, and we keep acting depending on that.

I do that with my cars, messing with them as and when I see fit. Besides being my own cheap (sometimes!) therapy, it keeps my car as I want it, and I drive the heck out of them.

Get in the garage and let your feelings take hold of the tools... that's how it's meant to be.

Cheers, Eddie

14. mustang552

mustang552
    BANNED

My 1960 T-Bird is my hot rod. sure I would like a 32 or 34 3-window, ain't gonna happen. My t-bird is a little customized, a little modified, built the wayI like it. It is your car, yo worked your ass off and paid for it, do with it what you want. Not hard to make an old Ford faster and faster is better.

15. Lets see Ryan, how about another Caddie Flathead for Bonneville try, man that sounds like heaven to me.....................
    Or maybe an all out balls to the wall Blown Flathead Ford attempt, I could also get behind that.
    Hell whatever you want to do is OK as long as you don't put it in storage!!!!!!!

16. flamingokid

flamingokid

I'd say leave it alone,it looks great.