Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead okie, Jun 21, 2012.

1. flathead okie

flathead okie

Ordered a set of Headers for Speedway. I went to the garage sale section and found 2 sets. One was mounted and ran w/no gaskets. The other was mounted and ran HOT w/coating burnt off.
    I ordered the set missing gaskets. When they arrived Tuesday @ 11am, they were burnt too. I called and they said it must have gotten mixed up with the other set, and they would call me back.
    Yesterday, @ 12Noon they still hadn't called so I called them. Finally after about an hour, they said both sets were burnt. So after some discussion on options I decided to go ahead and pay the difference to get the new headers. I asked them to send me a Return Authorization and send the new headers out ASAP as I need them Saturday to complete other work,steering, wireing, exhaust, etc.
    They told me they wouldn't ship until the old ones were back in their warehouse. I tried to explain to them it wasn't my fault they didn't describe the headers as burnt and had to return them. I also told them I had already paid for the new headers and If they had called back when they should have the headers would be here by Saturday.
    I told them today the burnt headers have shipped and asked if they would go ahead and ship the new headers to me. They said they would call back...............yeah sure No call yet and it's 6:10 pm. My guess is I will not get the headers in time. SUCKS

2. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Cancel your order. Buy from someone that appreciates your business.

3. There is a reason Speedway is so cheap :cool:

4. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I'm sorry, you bought garage sale headers and expected perfection.. Maybe if you bought the new headers in the first place, there might not have been a problem.. Sounds like there were mix-ups on both ends.....

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

5. flathead okie

flathead okie

description said mounted and run,missing gaskets. Not burnt..

6. Couldn't of blasted em and painted em with VHT or something? Don't know if you have access to a blast cabinet...

7. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Dude,deal with your problems. I dont think whining to strangers solves anything, wont even help you grow up.

8. What FlynBrian said!!

9. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

I've ordered stuff for many different cars over the years from speedway, you get what you pay for, it's just that simple. On the other hand I also order parts from Posies, yes I may pay a little more but the quality and service are truly outstanding. For example they sent two right hand lower shock mounts for front axle beam, I called them they overnited the correct mount and sent a Ups pickup tag for the return.....that's the way things should be done!

10. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I just spoke with my old friend in Washington who's dying of cancer.
    He'd like to have your problem.

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Garage sale items are second hand/used. Knowing that, I wouldn't even expect the description to be good or accurate. I've looked at some of thier garage items and the savings usually don't make that big a difference.

12. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I agree that they were garage sale items, but they should not have misrepresentes them. As others nhave said, there is a reason that Speedway is cheap. That is the bigest reason that I quit working for them. Way too many chessy parts to deal with for me. Just my 2 cents worth

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea, maybe they should have fully desrcibed them. But, second hand? I'd expect almost anything.

And I have spent a shit load of money with Speedway and the ONLY problem I ever had was a burnt out bulb on a new tail light. I got TWO replacements NEXT DAY delivery. Maybe I'm lucky, but if they were so bad, how the hell are they still in business?

14. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

15. They are the Walmart of the car world. Cheap parts, some are good, some, not so much, but always cheap.

16. brad chevy

brad chevy

Speedway survives on selling quantity,not quality. Buying used parts from the cheapest parts warehouse ,should of spent that little extra and got new.

17. flathead okie

flathead okie

Yep, that's what I ended up doing. But according to the discription all I needed were gaskets on the first ones. Now I kinda screwed myself out of progress on the car.
    As an after thought I'm also wondering if anyone has bought these headers before and have them burn off the coating. I hope the new ones don't after I run them. It'll be about a week after I get them that ai'll have the motor ready to run.

18. I have had both chrome and "coated" headers from Speedway over the years. Both looked awful after a short amount of time. You aren't going to get a gold brick when you spend pennies. It will be gold colored and it will be a brick, but you get what you pay for.

19. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

You said you paid the difference in price for a new set of pipes over the bargain ones ......if you needed them in a hurry you should have paid full price for the new set..... checked their policy on the returns and had them back credit your charge card after they received your return.......

Your asking them to trust you will return the first set on the honor system.....
    Not saying YOU wouldn't ...... But realistically what do you think the percentages are, that the masses, would return parts every time in the condition they where sold in

It's just business ......if you where dealing with a mom&pop type store that knows you personally..... Might be a different story.

Would you call the shoe store and say... "Hey I don't like the color of the 29 Dollar shoes I bought.... I'll pay you the 3 dollar difference for the 32 dollar shoes..... And I'll send these back when I get around to it"

Point is ...... Think about both sides of the counter.
    You bought off the discount table..... They didnt have to take them back at all

Tony

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I agree that you paid a beer price and expected champagne. Anytime you buy something that is in someones "defective" area you have to accept that there may be more wrong than just what is obvious upon initial examination. Most places sell that stuff on a no return basis.

Speedway was willing to take them back, which I think was very good of them, all they wanted was the old ones back before shipping the new ones out........that is good business, nothing more, nothing less.

Speedway has always bent over backwards for us anytime we have an issue, and even sometimes when it was something dumb we did on our end. You were just expecting too much from them in this deal.

Don

21. deto

deto

You win

22. raidmagic

raidmagic

Why not use these for the mock up you need them for over the weekend and ship them back on Monday?

23. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

This type of thread always makes me scratch my head.

I got these things cheap but then found they were made in china etc.....

You want the best you gotta pay.

24. oj

oj

I consider Speedway amoung the bottom feeders, but i find no fault here. You have started your rant too early, now when you get the new headers and find a fault with them nobody is going to give a shit because you just blew your wad whining.

25. flathead okie

flathead okie

I bought them on description. Not described correctly. What part of that do you people not understand?
    Already sent them back and paid the difference. I buy from them quit a bit, everytime I start on a new project. I've spent thousands there. So far on this project I've spent $2,500 off of them, and @ $1500 from Battlefied model A . This is the 1st time I've had a problem, and their Customer Service doesn't seem to do as they say. If they had called back when they say they were going to this wouldn't have been much of a problem.

26. Hey I got an idea, let's all give Speedy Bill a serious tongue stickin. :p

Ok some of you fellas are a little slow, all together now, on 3. 1,2, is everyone ready , 3. :p

There that'll teach him, he'll never mess with us again. :rolleyes:

27. scrubba

scrubba

Let me get this straight , Speedway now sells used parts ? scrubba

28. Next time post it on Twitter. More people will see it, we won't be bothered, ....... and your results will be the same, ......... Nada!

29. Considering this - I think they're working with you:

[​IMG]

And you stated you "paid the difference". If you had bought another set and agreed to a refund / credit when the first set was received back they would have shipped them already....

30. I think the issue is not that the parts have no waranty, speedway is real good about that these days from what I have read. The issue is misrepresentation of the condition of the pieces. At least that is what I understood when I read the opening post on the thread.

Lets put it in another light. Suppose I put as is where is in my class ad, or no wartanty no return if you prefer. I am selling you a carb cover that I have described as excellent usable condition. You look at the picture and say gee the chrome is in pretty good condition, the price is right and you jump all over it. When it gets to you the flange on the bottom side of the top that holds the element in place is bent all to hell and no way to really straighten it without screwing the whole damnd thing up.

It is not in excellent usable condition. That whole no waranty no return crap goes right out the window when the product is misrepresented.

Now as for send me the replacement up front is not happening either. No one does business that way. If the part is being exchanged in lew of another part there is not a company that I know if that will ship without first recieving the bad part.

But the upside to all this is that the OP got it off his chest, Bill didn't give a flip and we can all rest easily tonight knowing that Batman is watching over us.