Register now to get rid of these ads!

RANT..What is with the L shirt being too S

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shiftymutt, Jun 30, 2006.

1. I recieved a couple of shirts lately....some I bought some I just got beacause a couple of people love me....I washed them ( actually my wife washed them) and now the large fits like a small....

I have always worn a large and not to brag but I am in better shape now then I was 5 years ago. these shirts are tight as hell and make me look like one of those muscle beach freak guys....

I have noticed this with mainly Hot Rod shirts....my White t's are still fitting right....

To all those guys that have sent me shirts my wife thanks you...she now has cool new shirts to sleep in. I thank you too beacuse there is nothing more sexy than a chick wearing a mans hotrod shirts, except a chick not wearing a shirt:D

2. uh huh......

3. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Ah, the wonders of non pre-shrunk cotton. Hell, even pre-shrunk cotton does that shit.

4. raaf

raaf

yeah i started noticing the same thing about shirts too - right about when i turned 30. :)

5. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

What's the deal with pants? Size 40 pants don't fit as baggy as they used to.

Also, what's the deal with my pecker. I used to be able to see a lot more of it as I looked down over my stomach. Can't be my belly growing can it??? :D

6. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The L is too S because you're too F.

7. OK....I know I am a fat f@cker but the whites still fit fine.....it is the hotrod shirts I am telling you....'

Why won't anyone beleive me.....

I gotta go do some sit ups.....

8. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I have noticed that a few work (dress up type work, not the good kind) shirts fit great at the store, then after 1 wash, they can't get around my forearms. And I've lost a few pounds.

9. kustom01

kustom01

Yep.. alot of my shirts do the same thing.. i'm too lazy to hang em on a rope or something.. so i just dry em in the dryer and they shrink... if they dont fit too well anymore.. well just another oil rag!! I can always use plenty of those.

10. Made in Tiawan, they're little people.

11. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Same deal with band shirts - working in live music/bar scene I have stacks of band shirts, they have a short life expectantcy because of the shrinking.

12. And what's the deal with Trojan's stupid sizes?

"Medium," my ass! Medium for a draft horse maybe.

13. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

yeah... and whats with the chick at the counter... "do you want Magnums?"

"um.... yeah. And where do you keep the staplers?"

14. Holy crap 35PU, I'm dying here... think I just coughed up a lung

15. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Yeah, the Magnums are fitting a little snug these days, glad I'm not the only one that noticed. :D

Speaking of shirts, Shiftymutt - I never got my LBCC shirt. :( Have you had a chance to send it?

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Cheap is cheap...in everything, shirts included...even the expensive brands are now being made out of country...give you any clue?

R-

17. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

DO WHAT I DO WHITE t'S AT FOOTLOCKER 4 FOR 20 NEW ONE EVERY DAY CHEAPER THAN LAUNDRY AND THERE NEVER STAINED

18. chevymike

chevymike

I have t's that are going on 10 years old, still fit like day one. Biggest thing I have done for 20+ years is only was t-shirts in cold water, and dry on low. It is a very rare occasion that one shrinks and typically I can feel the low quality material before I ever wash it. My .02 worth...

19. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

What's all this talk about Magnum being smaller? He looks the same to me.

Real question is why so many are putting their peckers in him????

Attached Files:

20. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

This thread is killing me. But I do feel your pain, it seems like its just been the past couple years they started doing that. At first I blamed it on metro sexuals, now I blame it on beer. The only thing that pisses me off is the shirts that are black before you wash them, then light grey when they come out.

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

Around here we call XL "hot rod medium".

22. bahahahaha!!!! I love this place!

Seems like all the shirts I buy are smediums or extra mediums.

Bryan

23. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used to wear bellbottoms; now it's belltops. . .

24. RodLand

RodLand

One word - CHINA. And I ain't talking dinner plates.
    No quality control.

25. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

i'm proud to get a cool shirt....wear it about 3 times then all of a sudden....it's too small......then, my gut REALLY looks big (bigger than it is) and i feel like a goof.....but the shirt is cool....i put it back in the drawer for the day i make an appearance on oprah to begin my diet......vintage shirts, anyone??

26. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Thank can't be true. All the shirts I bought at Walmart here in the USA are shrinking too.

(Thank you very much ladies and germs... I'll be here all week.... Be sure to tip you waitress. Thank you)

27. tysond

tysond

I think the sizes have changed, to make all the fat people not feel so fat when they get to buy an xxl instead of an xxxl. I'm down to a youth large (I'm skinny) youth medium fits to but they're to short. I used to be a normal small/medium.

28. Wash them in warm water, not hot. Dry them on low heat. Imported shirts are the worst.
    Another thing I've noticed as I get older, is I'm getting stronger. When I was young, it took two hands to bend my boner. Now I can do it with one hand....

29. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Thanks. I feel good about that.

30. ahhyea777

ahhyea777

You should definatly check out the new ring spun cotton t's. They are super nice, feel great and don't shrink.