Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RANT - motel parking hell at the Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FritzTownFord, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We took an RV one year and stayed at the International RV Resort out of town a little. It was one of the nicest experiences we had and we felt safe with our rods parked right under the awning of the RV. Nice park, friendly people that run it. We would have done the same thing this past November but they were booked solid when we called.

Don

2. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

Yep....and the cars on trailers were rat rods at la Quinta oltorf

3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This power parking and the high end rigs and the jerks that own them are one of the reasons I no longer go to these big shows out of town-they take over the parking lots at Hotels,etc.. Not worth the hassle and these folks don't care about any one but themselves.

4. abc123

abc123

5. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

You have to keep in mind, We Did Not all Go to the same school, And I am reminded this almost everyday I go somewhere....

6. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

+1 People can find anything to bitch about. Here I'll try it...............

1.I've been to every round up but #4 and I just can't stand all the out of state d-baggery..............

2. Man I can hardly park my bad ass tow rig for all these non Texans crowding things up......

3. I'm sure tired of all the fadoras. They look stupid on a man...

See, it's easy.

7. Cruiser

Cruiser

I really don't know the answer to power parkers at Hotel/Motels. There should be a meeting of show organizers, Hotel/Motel Association and the Chamber of Commence to workout a plan. If, you pay for a room you should be entitle to one car parking space and not 25 for a big rig.

CRUISER :cool:

8. nitro29

nitro29

Remember chaos rules!! Take action if they want the whole parking lot then a wood match has it's uses No not fire !!!!! Remove valve cap,insert match,then break off, retreat to bar for well earned drink and if possible watch the goings on by those who have no common courtesy and are only posers

9. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I really don't understand your reply,but I am sure you didn't think I was saying to harrass a $9.00 an hour clerk.La Quinta is a big corporation who has people hired to take care of these situations, and if they were to get enough phone calls it might be worth their while to make a change. Than again it may not.

10. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

11. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

We used to stay at the Laquinta but ran into the same parking bullshit that has been mentioned.
    We stayed at the Baymont at 290/I35 this year
    It was cheaper,quieter and cleaner.
    The only issue was the idiot from Alabama that parked his 3 car hauler across a bunch of parking spots.
    Imagine if they had driven,they would have used only 3 spots.
    People are just inconsiderate assholes.
    I don,t have a (legal) solution to the problem

12. Drive Em

Drive Em

The Hamb has turned into a bitchfest.

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Im not saying I condone it, but is it possible they were doing this to keep from having their shit stolen like so many before?

were they blocking the rigs in someway?

14. seatex

seatex

There is plenty of rig parking-camping, etc., at the Travis County Expo center.......... rig in, unload, and drive your car to the hotel. Gates open on Wednesday morning.

15. Sin7

Sin7
    from Wylie TX

Bingo !

16. Just another fact of the car show, rod run, swap meet, event process. Some of those cool rigs are worthy of their own show.

17. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I go to the Street Rod Nats in Louisville KY every year and I laugh at some of the posers that unload their cars in a corner of Papa Johns Stadium and drive 1/4 mile into the stadium and get out and stretch like they just drove 500 miles!!

18. specialk

specialk

I'm going to vote "for" the Lexus owner.

19. msalamanca

msalamanca

A can of spray paint would do the trick.

20. Special Ed

Special Ed

No shit ...
    If whining about parking is the biggest gripe coming from a gigantic carshow with thousands of people, I'd say the LSRU must have been a huge success ... :)