Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ranger/Explorer chassis/40 ford coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RCooke, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Don't be too harsh. This Kaiser sits on a 90's Caprice chassis and fits perfectly. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272171&highlight=51+kaiser&page=52

2. F&J

F&J

Honestly, this does not belong on hamb in my opinion. Stronger frame? ....... a modern pickup frame is designed to flex in the middle, or are you just ignoring that fact.... :confused: Please answer just that "one" issue with this swap.

3. xsquiden

xsquiden

The ranger does not have rack and pinion i know i just wrecked a 90 and anyone who asks these questions doesn't have the faintest of a clue what this site is about i dont care how bad your car is it can be brought back if you want to put a ranger or s-10 chassis under your car fine its your car do with what you want but go to a different site this place is getting littered with people that have no clue what the real poeple on this site are here for. Sorry for the run on sentence and angry attitude there is getting to be to much new b.s. here.
    later
    Mike

4. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I do chassis swaps all the time and this one is a NO NO.

5. What about the VIN number on the frame? Other than that every one I have seen looks bad. That is not to say it couldn't be done and look good.

Charlie Stephens

6. bobscogin

bobscogin

The biggest problem is going to be convincing the Administrator that your worthy of being a member of The HAMB.:D

Bob

7. Well, you don't know, because the Ranger has had Rack & Pinion since 1998 and the Explorer's since 1995. maybe you need to wreck some newer vehicles before you make broad statements :D

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Seems like most of the FNG's are on board with it, so go for it. Then you all can form a club and hang out at the table for the kids.

Jeez, it never fails someone trys to cheat at building a rod.:confused:

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Considering the orig post is from 2009 I doubt hes around any longer !:D My 47 is on an s10 frame...that being said its a shit load of work especially if you are not an experienced fabricator, now if I had a 40 coupe to start with even a shitty one it would be on an orig chassis !!

10. Adonis

Adonis
    from Maryland

Re-thinking. I may yet use the 40 chassis. I stand corrected--Ranger does not have rack and pinion steering--I was thinking of my earlier candidate--a Dodge Dakota 4X2--factory V8, 112" wb, and rack & pinion steering BUT rejected--front track was way too wide for the 40. Thanks all. Will update soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.