Register now to get rid of these ads!

ranchero.. HAMBers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brakwits, Jul 10, 2009.

1. brakwits

brakwits
    from COLORADO

working on a 63 ranchero.... need some info. will the 260 v8 spindles work with all of the str. 6 steering stuff?

2. 53 effie

53 effie

No you have to use the V8 stuff. The center link is the hardest part - the best to use is a V8 65 Falcon or Comet . All the rest is same as any Mustang.

3. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

FWIW

Put a 240 big six, big ford std, and 9" into my 63 Ranchero in '69. Used reg 6 front end stuff underneath. Used aluminum adapters to get 5 lug pattern on the 4 lug front hubs, no problems with them in well over 20k hard miles on the street until the rear of the body rusted away. Would NOT use the adapters again, always felt it was a marginal engineering choice on my part.

IIRC local Ford dealer parts man wanted to know month built as Ford had made some changes underneath in the middle of '63 production.

Also would ask if it were an ex local electric utility rig, seems that batch had different parts from all the std stuff underneath which didn't show in the parts books. Never knew if that run were totally unique or there might have been similar made for other utilities, fleets, etc.

Ed

4. RAY With

RAY With

I did my 6 to a V-8 with a donor V-8 car and changed front end ,drive shaft and rear end assy. Was a 2 day change over and with a old donor car you will have every thing needed to start and finish. Ran over 100,00 miles close to trouble free.