Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ran out of gas half way through weld. Porosity!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Devin, Jul 21, 2016.

1. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I've only had one problem in the last 40 years with bottle exchange and that was about a year ago when I went to a new place on Saturday because the rest were closed and the guy looks at the tank from 20 feet away and says that I needed to pay a inspection fee because the bottle was out of date. After telling him what I thought of his place, I went to Airgas on Monday and they didn't blink an eye when I exchanged the bottle for a full one. I usually go to Portland to get my gas when I have several bottles to exchange. There's a small service place that charges about half what Airgas and the other large places charge. They also don't hit you up with the haz mat charge which is a rip off.

2. mickeyc

mickeyc

I do own the bottles or tanks outright having purchased them
    from pax air. I think I have figured out what I did with the argon
    receipt and this should clear up my problem of proving ownership.
    The company rep says he cannot look up the records of me
    purchasing these bottles. I think that is a bunch of bull.
    I will be making a run up to the Baton Rouge branch of
    pax air to try and get a refilled bottle soon as it is getting low.

3. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I was told that I could add the Hazmat fee if I wanted to, and it would be returned to me in a check once a month. An extra profit for me handling the tanks, in addition to the 20% I get as a sub-dealer on all the tanks that pass through my business (including the tanks I buy myself). For the record, I do not charge the Hazmat fee, and I pay the same price for the gas as anyone else does, I fill out the paper work, and send them a check. Gene