Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ram Horn Exhaust Manifold Small Block Chevy Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48 Poncho, Jun 27, 2012.

1. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

I need a center dump Ram Horn exhaust manifold for the passenger side of my engine. Speedway has some on sale but they have the original mounting flange for the alternator or generator that I do not need. I know they can be ground down but I was wondering if the driver side manifold would fit on the passenger side? Just trying to save a little work. My original had the flange broken in 2 places when the shop put my exhaust on.

Thanks for any help guys!!!

48 Poncho

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. They are swappable from side to side if you can live with the center dump on the driver's side. I've done this on stock cars before.

Bob

3. dmc3113

dmc3113

Go to napaonline.com and check out their Dorman manifolds for '65 Vette. I think they have what you need at resonable price.

Danny

4. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Thanks Guys...that was quick. Never thought of NAPA. We do have a store in town here too. Dorman is what Speedway has on sale right now.

48 Poncho

5. yup both sides are the same minus the gen/alt mount.

6. The manifolds will fit side to side with no problem. I have a couple of the Dorman 2 1/2" replacement manifolds like the poster mentioned above. I also ground the alternator mounts off. They are made in China and the quality is just not what it should be. Looks like some Chinese guy made it in his backyard. The casting is very porous etc. If you're just looking for a 2" rams horn then I would try get an original GM. They're easy to come buy and still cheap.

7. dmc3113

dmc3113

Napa has it, Balkamp part number BK6002396, $129.00 list.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

same on both sides. check your local pull/pick a part. I got a set for $32

9. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Really appreciate all the help!

Thanks Again.

48 Poncho

10. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I used a drivers side one on the passenger side so I wouldn't have the choke stove holes.

Blue