Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Raleigh NC get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zman, Oct 5, 2010.

1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I want to try and do a Raleigh area get together again. Either a breakfast on a Saturday morning ala the Iron Lords Hot Cakes or an evening shop night I can host at Rod-O-Rama with pizza and beverages. Looking for a little input from the other guys in the area.

If we do a breakfast maybe the Comet Diner in Clayton or Ole' Time BBQ in Garner or there are a few other choices.

If we do a shop night we can do some kind of technical thing, like louvering, bead rolling, or just about anything else.

Looking to do it once a month. Maybe the 3rd Saturday so it doesn't conflict with Jeffey Cakes and Boobie.

2. sinticket

sinticket

Sounds awsome. All of us here in the Iron Lords will be there. It was good to see you this past Sat. at the breakfast. Glad you made it here in a hurry....(of course you got documentation of that in the form of a speeding ticket) ...lol

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm digging that evening at Rod-A-Rama with Pizza and shit!!! Do it do it!!!!

4. How about a full day; Breakfast first at the Comet then off to Rod-O-Rama for some bullshitting and maybe punch a louver or two.

Regardless, this needs to happen! You have a ton of guys in your area. It's just that noone will take the initiative to make it happen.

You will make this happen and we will be there for support.

Let us know what we can do.

BloodyKnuckles

5. Yep, Scott! I would prefer a shop night as well! Shops are SOOOOO much cooler than diners (usually....) and being able to wander and roam is more inviting to me. I'll even wear my RAR tee!

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

If there is interest we could try to do one October 23rd or should we wait until November 20th?

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah we could do that. I was maybe going to head up to Maryland for Jalopyrama but it might be cool to just stay closer to home. An all day event might not work entirely for me since I have some obligations to attend to with the baby and all but I could definitely do a couple hours.

8. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

If its a Saturday afternoon/evening count me in as long as there is food and drinks. I was even thinking about having a cookout at my house and inviting a bunch of folks early next year too. You and I can talk about that at one of your events.

9. EllisPinstriping

EllisPinstriping
    from clover, sc

thatd be awesome...def like seeing rods and metting new people around the area...not many around my area

10. Im there if we can pull it off. Let me know if there is anything i can do!!!

11. Sounds awesome

12. Shawn M

Shawn M

I could use a good drive, Iron Lord's caravan coming your way!

13. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

We'll load up the guns and the rides and be eastbound and down! I was born in Smithfield and grew up in Raleigh so back east is like home to me. Besides, you can't get good barbecue west of Raleigh. Brunswick stew sucks out this way. So how about barbecue and then shop fun?

14. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Man, I'd love to come but 10/23 there's a local Hospice show I'm involved in... can I still come if my only running old car isn't "HAMB friendly"? :D

15. JoeNational

JoeNational
    from nc

Hells yes I'm down. I live but 2 seconds from the Comet diner and not that much further from any other local area. I'm down. Hopefully getting the car theft inspected by this Thur and finish paint within the next couple of weeks...

Lets do this!!!

16. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

heck yea sounds good. i cant do 10-20, but if you make it a once a month deal i'll definately make it next month.

17. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Oh yeah! Love the technical side of it. I would be down for the 10/23 and the Comet?, I hope I can get the Comet ready by then.

18. reece

reece
    from NC

I'll be there. Just let me know.

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

So we can do 10/23

Rockin' Comet Diner for breakfast if anyone wants to, then ride over to Rod-O-Rama and do some bench racing and finish up with BBQ if anyone is interested.

Maybe 8am for breakfast and maybe head for BBQ around 2pm.

Let me know what you guys think.

20. JAWS

JAWS

Sorry Scotty,
    10/23 won't work for me. I am afraid I will have to decline and reschedule for another day.

21. JoeNational

JoeNational
    from nc

Comet in clayton?

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

That's what I was thinking. There are other breakfast joints but I figured a shiny diner would be "traditional". Trying to get an idea of who is up for what.

23. JoeNational

JoeNational
    from nc

Well I just had the theft inspector at the house yesterday and now I need to wait for NC serial numbers to be put on the car since the vin isn't "quickly identifiable" So I dont know if I will be able to bring the 31... I can bring my 66 shovel though if it isn't too cold...

24. 10/23 is good for me. I have to be in Raleigh for a reunion the night before and am planning to stay the night (probably too buzzed to drive back home after the event). Breakfast the next AM would be great.

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

anyone else with any input? pizza vs. bbq for lunch. whatever?

26. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

This would be a great boost for winter projects! If you do a shop thing and you need a hand getting ready let me know!

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Pizza! But I'm more like a 12 year old kid then anything!

28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

so anyone that wants to meet for breakfast. shiny comet diner vs. ole time bbq's breakfast.

then the shop and pizza, most likely Papa Johns...

29. JoeNational

JoeNational
    from nc

I'm partial to the diner only because I can spit and hit it from my deck. :)

30. comet and then bbq is my vote. There is a show i think at lake wheeler the same day. Maybe a HAMB invasion??