Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rainy day pondering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by upspirate, Apr 2, 2016.

1. upspirate

upspirate

I've owned this truck for about 4 years and always wondered about it's background.
    It appears to me to have been built maybe in late '60's early 70's by the parts used and construction (could be wrong there).
    The cab is all steel with no patch panels and slight filler in the visor area.
    327 SBC , Muncie 4 spd,homemade ladder bars,split wishbones, Corvair steering box,heavy I-beam axle
    I bought it from a guy outside of New Orleans, but he didn't give any history so I don't know beyond that.
    Just wondered if anyone ever came across it somewhere back up the road

Attached Files:

2. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Hmmm.....Looks like Vega taillights??? That would tie in with being an early 1970's build.

3. upspirate

upspirate

Yea I was thinking Vega or maybe Chevy van...I started to make a better looking (IMHO) tail panel with frenched license , and '58 Chev tailights, but haven't completed IMG_0642.JPG that project yet

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

nice ride - what have you done to it, besides new tail light panel?

5. upspirate

upspirate

Rewired it,changed front turn signals,replaced front calipers,changed from electric to mech fuel pump, cleaned radiator,new switch panel,rebuilt carb, replaced drag link. The bed was wider when I got it and looked out of proportion,so I narrowed it 2 1/2" on each side , and refinished it. Rebuilt the seat frame.Changed coil,wires,distributor,coated headers and exhaust system.Probably a few other things!!!LOL Nothing major though

6. The '58 tail lights would look great. HRP

7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The taillights also look like 69 Chevy Impala with the chrome inner trim ring. It seems like I see them at every swapmeet I attend.

8. Nope, they are Vega. Mine was built in the mid sixties, and redone a few times along the way. I shit canned the vagina lights and went to a more traditional tailgate and lights.-MIKE:D

01-11-06D.JPG

3-13-07 rear.JPG 235.JPG