Register now to get rid of these ads!

Radio Flyer or swap special solid rubber tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by abe lugo, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Is there a site online to find different sizes and stuff?
    I got a vintage radio flyer for swap shopping and one of the tire needs new rubber. I know if you hi the swap you can find some vendors, you'd think there would be anonline site for this but, no beans.
    looking for those solid rubber tires.

2. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

look up pedal cars instead. I know there are a couple of parts dealers online, cant think of the name, but they also carry some wagon parts and some of the wheels were the same size

3. knotheads

knotheads

with all the hopped up radio flyers running around you would think there would be a few ols stock tires around.

4. I know you said solid tires, but Harbor Freight is selling the little fat air filled knobbies for either $4.99 or $5.99.

Complete with bearings etc.

The ones I have are a 5/8" inside bore on the bearings and other than having to raise the front end up a bit on the pivot so's you could steer they were a drop-on.

Makes a nice tire for the swaps, not as much rattling along and goes over the dirt and dust a little easier than the skinny solids.

5. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Do NOT go with the stock hard rubber tires. They suck for pulling anything heavy, and are miserable going through grass, sand or gravel. I made that mistake, and ended up buying air filled tires and making my own adapters to the bigger axles with hardware store bronze bushings with an ID of the stock axle and an OD to fit the new wheel/tire. Spent more money in the long run than if I'd just bought the wagon with the big tires to begin with.

Trust me.

-Brad

6. What the last two guys said. I have one of those Radio Flyers and it's a pain in the ass to use off pavement. And anything you can do to make the track wider is a good idea, too, they tip over real easy with anything very tall in them.

Which makes me wonder how the hell I used to ride my old one down a bank here as a little kid (back when my ass was small enough to fit in one!) and not roll it over and smash my head. Maybe I did and don't remember, that would explain a lot of things.

7. Well thanks guys, we good a nice patina'd vintage one with no red at all, the tire were basically rims with u-grooves cut into tire. hell of a rattle with crap tires and nothing in the wagon. It was worth the cost (20.00), we bought a set of tire at the swap and this made it much easier, even with crappy tire to get them back to the truck. Wil check out the air ones at harbor freight

8. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

If you lower the center of gravity enough, the hard rubber tires work fine!:)
    These are red big-n-little solid rubber tires from the local "Fleet Farm" They fit right on the orginal radio flyer axles.
    They'll soon get the Kilz whitewall treatment.

Attached Files:

9. rephrs

rephrs

im looking for a radio flyer dealer i want to start building these custom

10. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

I built a tubbed out Wagon back in 91 to tow the cooler around at the Street Machine Nats back in the Du Quoin days, Go Cart Tires are the the best. Aluminum wheels, Good year or Bridgstone tires. They carry plenty of weight and are rated to 100 mph. Hit up some asphault cart racers, they go through the the wheels & tires, you can pick em up pretty cheap.

Ill get some pics tomorrow

Ed

11. add a 327 and they don't need pulling! this one gets filled with christmas gifts for the childrens hospital every year

Attached Files:

12. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Ok... now that's just plain cool.

Doc.