Register now to get rid of these ads!

Radiator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Offy, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Offy

Offy

It's time to get a radiator for the deuce roadster and I'd like some sage advice from the experienced . The popular choices seem to be Griffith, US radiator and Walker. Any opinions on the best choice for cooling, price and usability? Thanks

2. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

I have a Walker Z line for my flathead. It's really overkill. I had to add 180 stats because even on a hot summer day it wouldn't get over 150 degrees.I have a 7lb cap so the boil point is about 220. I don't have to turn on the electric fan except when I've been in stop and go traffic for 10-15 minutes. It wasn't cheap, but it sure does take away the worry factor.

3. Get in touch with Vaphead. I'm getting a helluva deal on a gigantic U.S. radiator for my 51 Merc.

4. CruZer

CruZer

I've used Walker Cobras in both my 40 Ford coupe and my '34. They work great. The original one in my '40 broke at the mounting tab and even though it was way off warrenty,Walker fixed it for free and paid the shipping. Also,it broke because of my stupidity,and they still fixed it free.
    On the '34 I run a 195 thermostat and no matter what the weather or type of driving,that radiator keeps the car at 190-210 all the time.
    I do recommend you go with the 4 row for a little extra cooling.

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I have a Walker in my 32 Roadster.........

It's great. One thing about the aluminum radiators....to me anyway..........they look like POO. All that shiny fins and stuff is visible from the front thru the insert. Not very TRADITIONAL......

And the Walkers Work...... [​IMG]

6. Brooding Swede

Brooding Swede

7. dondanno

dondanno

I like Brass Works in California...Danny

8. Offy

Offy

Thanks for the input Hambers. I found a good deal on a US Radiaters one and should get it in a few weeks.