Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Radiator ID??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mr57, Jul 11, 2019.

1. The rad in the Lincoln sprung a leak, and I am attempting to patch it. But... if it has to be replaced, I can't seem to find out what it's from, exactly. It's a Mopar rad, the numbers on the top tank are 4018995 on the right side, 20446 on the left. The guys that built it figured it was a Volare rad as the car had a Volare clip in it when they got it, but not 100% sure, Any wizards out there??

2. squirrel

squirrel

well...if I were in your situation, I'd go to rockauto.com and look up radiators for Volares, and see if they match what you have.

You didn't include a picture, and most of us don't have parts books of OEM stuff from the 70s, so we'd be guessing. I happen to have a catalog that lists numbers, and your number 4018995 does not show up...but a few that are very close, and might be mistaken for it if not read carefully, cross over to a standard ratiator number 500 which does indeed fit Volares.

so yeah, look at pictures of Volare radiators, look at the dimensions, see if it's right.

tommyd likes this.