Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Radiator Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Poor Boys Garage, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Poor Boys Garage

Poor Boys Garage
    from Kansas

Hello, not sure if this is the right thread or not but I'll start here. I'm looking for a radiator for my 29 Model A Grill Shell thats chopped 5 inches. I want to make sure to get a good one, not one that'll leave me with cooling issues down the road. I know there are tons of manufactures out there but I don't want to end up with a cheap one with issues. I'm running a 289 out of a 66 Mustang with a Automatic so the radiator needs to be set up for a small block ford with an automatic trans cooler. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

if you have tanks, a good rad shop can have a core made to your spec's, 4 tube staggered, 14 fins per inch and a seperate remote cooler would do fine. I had a unit built for my 28 coupe when i dropped the 32 shell , had tanks, they built me a core to fit, cooled my flathead just fine. I can't stress a good shop enough, these guys do repairs not replacement only. Find an old shop and talk to the owner. Walker aint the only rad in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!! "A" tanks take a 4 tube core just fine