Register now to get rid of these ads!

Radiator height on an Av8 Sneek Peek

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McFly, Jan 18, 2006.

1. McFly

McFly

I'm gonna buy a radiator for my project and I need to know how tall it needs to be. I would do it myself but its not at my house right now. Its a 29 body on 32 rails with an A cross member 8ba motor and 32 grille shell. I want it to flow with the body so stock height won't work. Who has experience with this? Help......sneek peek!

Attached Files:

2. NoSurf

NoSurf

I got mine through the guys at Streamline in Denver- good guys and HAMBers too. I ended up getting a 32 radiator from US Radiator chopped 2" I think. Plus I got the HAMB discount too. It fits perfectly.

3. McFly

McFly

Went with the 3 inch chop...Thanks everyone...I love this place!

4. Darkharts

Darkharts
    from Corona

Looks good jared, is it at your brothers work? Pm me or i will unleash the acc war pigs on you! lol

danny

5. FORD FAN

FORD FAN

For a 28-29 use a 3" chopped radiator. The 28-29 model a body is 3" shorter than a '32. A 30-31 is 2'' shorter. You can cut the side bottom edges of the deuce grille shell and lower it( channel) over the frame to fit or section it. But sectioning it would be a lot more work.

6. McFly

McFly

Thanks...thats what I ordered this morning.

7. George G

George G

Who did you order from? I am doing the exact same thing and want to get a 3 inch chop on a '32 rad. Is Walker the best place to deal with? Their web site makes no mention of a 3 inch chop available. Othe makers out there?

8. McFly

McFly

I went with Walker....I'm sure theres better deals out there. I used them because that seemed to be the general consensus. They where highly recommended. They also put the radiator support brackets on and have brackets to attach a grille shell....pricey, buts its a bolt-on and play. Good Luck, Jared