Register now to get rid of these ads!

radial whitewall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl E. Hagan Jr., Apr 25, 2010.

1. Weasel

Weasel

My Diamondback bias ply 'lookalike' in 16" - actually a radial van tire. They have a distinctive sawtooth pattern on the sidewall which gives them a nice vintage feel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hupster

hupster
    from california

3000 miles on my Coker BFG Silvertowns, so far so good.

3. hudson hot rod

hudson hot rod

I just got my first set of Diamond backs put on the Hudson a week ago. They look freakin awesome, the whitewall can't be any whiter and they balanced out really easily. The guy who installed em said it's been a long time since he's seen tires balance out that nice.

4. low-lincoln

low-lincoln

Diamondback radials is the way to go. My brother has gone thru 2 sets of Cokers with yellowing and blow-out issues and my car is still running DB's and are as white as the day I got them.

5. I've got some issues with my BFG Silvertowns, but my gripe is more with the vender than with the tires themselves. The fronts are tiny 185/60/15's that don't seem to fit the rim quite right... turns out that they *might* be for an old school VW metric rim. I think the vender should have known that, if it's true. Also, my 255/70/15's on the back seem to have a roundness issue. Again, the vender should have noticed that during balancing... But I guess the "english as a second language" shop in central phoenix has a better eye for detail than the specialty tire vender in Tempe that is also the southwest Coker rep.

Anyway... Overall the BFG Silvertowns have treated me well. I've gone 130 mph with 'em, done the drags once and did a road trip to Yellowstone on them. I think they look OK depending on the style of car you are doing.

As far as whiteness goes, I've been very, very happy. I've had them greasy from working on the car and had the whitewall rubbing on the fender because of bad spring bushings.. all cleaned up with soap, water and a nylon brush. They are almost too white, even after a year of use!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]