Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rad. catch tank Q.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fenderless in the n.w., Apr 18, 2013.

1. running a stock rad. in my 40 chev truck with a 235, getting ready to install a "catch tank" / overflow bottle, should it be vented or sealed up tight ? pros vs. cons ? thanks in advance

2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

it would have to be vented. If it was sealed it would explode...

3. sedanbob

sedanbob

4. kinda was my thought but wanted to be sure, thanks Guys , wow 118 views but only 2 replys , amazes me some days lmao , thanks again

5. In the past I have just drilled the hole a little bigger than the over flow tube, it vents around the tube that way. If you put one of those stainless "street rodder" tanks on, it will act like a surge tank like your modern cars have.

6. Special Ed

Special Ed

Why would you want or need any additional replies? The first answer was/is 100% correct. Do you need two hundred guys telling you the same exact thing to convince you? Slam dunk. Done deal ....

7. I agree fully , just was making note of the ratio of views to awnsers lol that's all ,

8. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

Tank Q. Tank Q verrymush.

9. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

You've not read some of the long threads that answer simple questions then? Just because the first two answers coincide means nothing on the Hamb. ;)

And yes, vent the tank, have the hose going near to the bottom, so when the motor cools it sucks the expelled water back in.