Register now to get rid of these ads!

Racoons in the shop, or, This is the most disgusting thing I've ever done.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Oct 23, 2008.

1. BigChief

BigChief

Not me. They love peanut butter and the rat trap is perfect for nailing those little, destructive bastards. The only good squirell is a the one in RB-R's cook'n pot!

-Bigchief.

2. RATFINKFOREVER

RATFINKFOREVER
    from Canada Eh

thats awesome

3. BigChief

BigChief

....its the porch in the middle of the day that gets really annoying.

4. davidfe

davidfe
    from Illinois

Racoon Coats,

With all the bangers and speedsters, skin them and make them into coats.

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Well, you posted.:rolleyes::D And, it was skin crawlingly, up-chuckingly disgusting.

6. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

Wheredga git my family pitcher? And that feller to the left looks alot like my pa. :D:D:D

Nailin' Palin, coon huntin, and hot rods, Gawddamn it just don't get no better!

7. 49coupe

49coupe

"I understand they don't like loud noise, a guy I know had to play loud music to get rid of them in his attic. That may keep them away."

I had a racoon family tear my roof vent off and get into the attic in my addition. I didn't want to trap them in the attic so I was unsure what to do. I was about to call a pest control company when my older neighbor told me to make some noise.

So I put my new JBL floor speakers on two ladders about a foot from the ceiling and, put my volume on 9 and set the the CD player to play continiously between select Guns'n'Roses and Metalica songs. For some reason they were gone the next morning.:D

8. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

actually bat crap is called guano, and it's a great fertilizer,people pay good money for it. I just scared off a family of cats in my loft, they were living in an old speaker box, mother abandoned one kitten which my wife has now adopted. :rolleyes: great another animal, a cat to add to the four dog "children" . as far as keeping critters out,you could run an elctric frnce up there,mine has an ancient one with an old time transformer.

9. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I have my next project in the driveway, a 40 pickup, twice this summer I had to remove dead decaying cats from dehind the front seat,not fun!

10. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

11. hoof

hoof

I wish I had the link, but I saw an Ebay add for some old junker where you could literally see a possum in the pictures they were using to advertise the car!!!! Someone else here must have it somewhere.
    CHAZ

12. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I have one lives under the concrete under my shop, doesn't really bother anything

13. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

That's cool! What's funny is the news guy keeps saying "he's O.K." after the bear does a nosedive into the ground! Probably broke it's neck, and they would up having to shoot it anyway!

Here in So Cal, a 50' radius would be 2 doors down! :D

14. Thumper

Thumper

Damn........all I gots ta say is.......

Rat shit

Bat shit

Dirty, smelly twat

69 douch bags

tied in a knot

ROFLMAO.....

15. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Ya know..there was a time when the hip cats hung Racoon tails from their antenae...back when they wore cheese pants and rubber eyeloops..which were also the style back in the day...

Maybe you got metal buying money waiting for you to DE-TAIL in your attic...

16. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Actually, the bear was OK. They caged him and hauled him 120 miles and released him in the woods. Bears are tough sob's. A hit like that would've killed a human.

17. Damn squirrels got in the shop and knocked a coca cola cooler off the shelf and onto our 57 bird crushing the fin edge on the rear qrter just missing the hardtop and glass .. It'll be a real pain to fix right....

Squirrels always good for gettin me nutz

can't have enuf cats or dogs to keep all them varmits away from here

price we pay for livin on 13 acres in the country

18. 7 pages on coon shit !! Anybody workin on a hot rod ??? >>>>.

19. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

rescued another kitten,actually got the ladder and crawled up there, that dam cat has got beheaded squirrels all over up there, now i have to crawl up there and remove the decaying squirrel carcasses, and cat shit everywhere. on the other hand,my old tom cat has brought me several dead ones,big SOb's too. at least they are better dead then alive, dam furry tailed rats.

20. my buddy a.j. from west virginny had a racoons in his garage attic once.
    one little bastard could not be caught by traditional methods so ol' a.j. got to thinkin.
    he microwaved pieces of bacon and tied them to the muzzle of his rifle.
    he stuck the end of the rifle up the access panel
    waited for it to nibble on the rifle
    and blew his fookin brains out
    redneck inginuity at its finest
    some rednecks are smarter than you may think

21. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Thanks for 'bringing this up' ...

O well, at least someone used the search-function I guess... :rolleyes:

22. Cymro

Cymro

Too much information, but at least you can recycle it on the vegetable patch

23. krooser

krooser

I shot three squirrels in my shop that got in before I finished my ceiling... and now I'm feeding the little bastards this winter... go figure.

24. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

had a family of skunks to move in under an detached storage building after digging under the footing - the little ones were so social that they would try to walk up to anyone they saw outside - i shot a case of firecrackers close to them over a couple of weeks & they finally moved out

25. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

A couple of weeks ago I went to check a parts car that I keep beside my garage. I seen something move in the back seat, had 2 raccoons in there. I ran them out and came back the next day had 4 in there. I ran them out again, cleaned up the crap. I took a box of mothballs and spread it everywhere in the car, soaked a rag in mineral spirits and lacquer thinner and layed it in the rear floor. They have not been back since. But it does smell BAD in there.

26. The donor car for my Buick was a 'coon condo. In fact, it had multiple turd piles in it. I had to get inside to remove the steering column, fortunately it was cold outside.

As the car warmed up in the garage, the smell got more pronounced. Lifted the body from the frame and loaded it on a trailer. Off to the junkyard it went.

27. Feed them a "lead sandwich." The rings on a racoon are for target practice.
    Don

28. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

I had 4 foot black snake one time,found him by mistake during a cleanup session, saw what i thought was an old radiator hose laying up against the wall between the fenders for my 71 z/28, i got a big surprise when i went to pick it up and it started moving in my hand! taught me to never clean up with only half the lights on.

29. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Since I retired and friend of mine started a business called "The Skunk Whisperer"
    google him up. www.theskunkwhisperer.com He traps and releases all knids of amimals. he said one of the biggest finds they pull out of attics is moth balls. They don't do a damn thing.
    Now if you want to hear how to get rid of moles and gophers contact me because dog hair and castor beans and whirlly spikes or Juicy fruit gum won't do it.

30. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

besides shooting or a trap, how do you get rid of coons ?