Register now to get rid of these ads!

racing ticket gone good............

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigblockmama, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Well we went to a small town car show here in south Texas and when leaving the show, a friend of ours in a 40 Willys coupe pulls up next to us and wants to race........................So we take off......
    first, second, third,.......................shit, POLICE right behind us.....
    So we get pulled over and he asks what year our car is ......OH Crap,
    68 two door, my hubby says............(chuckle)....Its a 30 ford....
    But not according to the plates......HAHA
    Anyways, here in Texas if you get caught drag racing on the street you go straight to jail. Well, the cop gives us a ticket instead.
    So Monday we go down to pay the ticket and it is only 300.00. We are like Crap that was cheap. Then we get a call on Friday from the courthouse, and the lady says I have some good news,
    We are going to refund your money....................WHAT!!!!!!
    It was either go to jail or let him go, there was no ticket for that!!!!
    LOL .....................
    Just thought this was a good story to share,
    Does anyone else have any weird ticket stories????

2. raven

raven

Man, you were very lucky.
    Don't do it again.
    I've seen friends kill innocent people racing on the streets.
    For the sake of the other people on the road, please don't do it again.
    r

3. shook

shook
    from austin, tx

Got pulled over racing a few weeks ago(YES, ON THE STREETS! Give us some credit though, not going to do it around pedestrians/traffic.) . Don't know the guy I was racing but it was a '70's chevy truck. I was in the process of blowing his doors off and we both got nabbed.

I don't talk much to cops otherwise I'll say something to make it worse. But as he is telling us he's supposed to arrest us both, the other guy starts bitching about how i was going faster I should go to jail and not him. I laugh out loud, the cop smiles and then the other guy starts going OFF! Next thing you know he is in the back of the car and the cop sends me home...

4. tjm73

tjm73

Now that's funny!! LOL

5. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I once got a warning from a CHP officer for 91 in a 70 while driving my roadster. Of course, it was on I-40 east of Barstow, and I had not been doing anything too stupid, other than not timing the mile markers. I did consider it a substantially lucky outcome, all in all.....

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Lucky the street racers didn't have their cars impounded and sold at auction as well. If they had I wouldn't feel bad about it. You have to pay the price if you want to be stupid.

7. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

So you are telling me that we are stupid now..................:mad:
    I suppose you have never once raced on the street, come on dude!!!

8. shook

shook
    from austin, tx

Lucky I live in a place that fits the crime with the punishment?
    Yes I am.

What price are you paying for that stupid post?

9. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Just don't go pick up your REFUND in person!!!!!!

10. chopped

chopped

If he's not I will, stupid thing to do. Even more stupid to brag about it. Do any more dumb ass things you want to tell us about?

11. shook

shook
    from austin, tx

I'm running with scissors right now and there's nothing you can do about it.

12. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

13. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

DUMB ASS THINGS ? WHAAAT ?

ARE SOME OF YOU PANZI FUCKERS TRYING TO SAY THAT IN YER WHOLE LIFE OF DRIVING & ""SUPPOSED"" HOT RODDING HAVE NEVER BEEN A STREET RACE OF ANY SORT ?

I WAS IN A STREET RACE THE VERY NIGHT I GOT MY "PAPER" D/L.

IF ARE A REAL HOT RODDER OF ANY SORT, AND HAVE NEVER ENGAGED IN A SPEED CONTEST ON THE STREET....

YER EITHER A LIAR OR A FUCKIN WANNABE :cool:

14. raven

raven

Man, I didn't want this to take this turn.
    Yeah, I've raced on the streets, when I was younger.
    I've seen too many mis-adventures to condone it now a days. At least anywhere near population.
    Enough said.
    Take it for the kind-hearted warning it was ment to be and then get over it.
    r

15. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

HELL, I SEEN MY MOM IN A STREET JOUST A FEW TIMES, IN HER '69 RIVIERA & IN A '70 SS 454 4spd MONTE CARLO ...

HOT RODDER NEVER STREET RACE .... PPPSSHHHHT !

16. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

I was not posting this thread to get bashed, or piss anyone off, just thought it was a funny story..........

I didn't realize there were so many people here on the hamb that didn't race, I thought this was a place to talk not only about technical things, but fun things that do happen in daily life when you are a hot rodder....................
    Excuse the hell out of me for offending anyone ...............

And for the ones that arn't being asses.............thanks.......

17. Sure, everyone's done it, but don't admit it. Nowadays, thanks to the import tuner fags, street racing is very much frowned upon.

18. RacerRick

RacerRick

I used to street race...but I don't now and haven't in years.

When I used to do it, it was just a highway offense. Now its a Criminal offence. The cops used to just show up to our little patch in the middle of nowhere and tell us to leave. Now 10 cars, a paddy wagon, the transportation guys, the environazis, and a chopper show up to our car meets at a coffe shop! We are all parked on private property!

Times have changed. Streetracing is now up there with dealing hard drugs in the cops minds because it gets good paper in the media and gets them more funding.

19. Foul

Foul

Uh, wasn't it frowned upon back in the 50s as well? Wasn't that the stated reason for forming the NHRA, to get hot rodders off the streets and to start racing on the dragstrips?

dan

20. Let me rephrase that; since a lot of people, innocent or otherwise, have been killed, they will take your car and possibly charge you with a felony. If you hurt someone, attempted murder,or kill someone, murder. It's just not worth it anymore, too many people on the roads, with a high ratio of idiots, and more powerful cars any dumbass can buy.

21. Pick your moment....and look over your shoulder,

22. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back around 1964, I was 18 and had bigger balls than brains and got into a drag race down one of our main streets (main drags??) with two other cars, neither of which I knew the drivers. We got pulled over and the other two guys (who were buddies, I found out) gave the officer a lot of crap and wound up with tickets. I kept my mouth shut and the officer finally turned to me and asked me if I knew the other two. I told him "No sir, I didn't" but he said he'd have to write me up, too. He handed me the ticket and told me I'd have a different court appearance date from the other two guys and to keep the racing down. I said "Yes, sir" and left. When I got home, I checked the ticket and the calendar and the court appearance date was a Sunday evening! No court held on Sundays, so I let it slide and from then to now, 43 years later, I've never heard a thing about it. I believe the cop had to give me a ticket because of the other guys, but cut me a break by putting in the wrong appearance date.

23. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Now that is a good story...............thanks...........;)

24. Three golden rules of a traffic stop.

25. Yep,you have the right to remain silent,use it!LOL:rolleyes:

26. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA put 'em down before you hurt yourself. Its all fun till you lose an eye:D

27. Yes we used to race in the 50s and 60s. Yes, the NHRA was formed and dragstrips were built to stop street racing. Yes, there are many of us who dont race now, and have'nt for a long time. No, we are not panzis (your spelling), we enjoy hotrodding and we enjoy life. If you insist on showing yourself up as the immature idiot you obviously are, I suggest you go find another forum to annoy.

28. Bookz

Bookz

Street racing is probably the most dangerous activity you can participate in. I don't give a damn if you spread yourself all over the road but I get really pissed that people think its ok to put other people at risk. You can't pick your place as you never know if someone is going to pull out of a entrance or a park.

Also you proudly tell us you have plates off another car on your Rod so this means no insurance etc. No doubt a heap of other things are dodgy on the vehicle as well. Sounding more and more like a real dumb F... Think about it ,grow up and get your car legal!

Wally Parks and the other NHRA pioneers put a huge amount of effort into getting racing off the streets so Hot Rodding would survive for us to enjoy today.

29. Dirk35

Dirk35

It is pretty funny story, good for a chuckle, we must admit. We have ALL done it one time or another............ We all know that. Most of us just limit it, have quit doing it, or just dont brag about it.

On the bad side though:
    When you see someone die out of ignorance, you too will get that sick feeling for doing the stupid things we all did/do. I wish NOBODOY to ever have that moment, but to learn from other's mistakes. Im glad I wasnt the one being stupid at the time.

Feel free to PM me if you would like me to elaborate.

30. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, what a debate this has started.
    SO, I have a 'good' story to tell.
    One night I was riding my old bike (Ducati 996) from Sydney to Wagga Wagga, about a 4 hour ride. It was around 3am and I thought (Yes stupidly) I'll just give it some. Well I came over a hill into a town called Gundagai at over 200 (Km/h) slowed down for a long narrow bridge there and was promptly pulled over on the other side by one of the biggest Police officers I have ever seen.
    Yup, got me at 80 over the speed limit. As I handed him my license he saw my Army ID. Turns out his son was in the Army too, a Medic at the 1st Field Hospital. I said,
    'No shit?? I'm posted to the same unit!"
    Turns out his son was one of my best mates, he seemed to know a lot about me and that at that time I had a tough 32 coupe with a blown 427. He handed me back my license and told me, I'm the only cop between here and the Wagga turn off, after that your on your own. Next time take it easy through my town.
    No what kind of luck is THAT!
    I got to know him pretty well after that as we would head down for week ends on our bikes, never speed through the town again though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.