Register now to get rid of these ads!

Raceway Park office robbed at gunpoint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ProStockJunkie, Sep 23, 2010.

1. ProStockJunkie

ProStockJunkie
    from New Jersey

Just in case you aren’t aware, Raceway Park was robbed early Monday morning when the only person there was a woman who has worked at the track since 1965. Three masked gunman forced her to open the safe and got away with the receipts from the tracks annual truck race, one of the most highly attended events the track hosts. Luckily Dolores wasn’t hurt and the estimate of the amount taken is six-figures.

Anyone who has or think they have information regarding this robbery, please call the number in the article below. The Napps are good folks. I have had the privilege of knowing them since the grandfather and Uncle Louie were running Raceway park
    http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2010/09/old_bridge_police_investigate.html

2. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Thieves SUCK. :mad:

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

That is such sad news. Hopefully this thread can try and raise awareness about them, hopefully lead to a happy ending like it did to that stolen truck, not a bunch of internet tough guys saying how they would beat them up, tie them to the car, or other tired such drivel.

4. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

if this fucked up country of ours STOPS glamorizing gangsters and other pieces of shit that break the law, and actually starts punishing them, maybe shit like this wont happen as much!

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

No Doubt!

Glad no one got hurt...Bummer she didnt recognise one of them someway:(

6. 3in1

3in1
    from nevada tx

I agree.:mad:

7. Hope they catch them, but isn't that a lot of money to keep "on hand"? Souldn't that be sitting in the bank already?

8. pastlane

pastlane

Never been to Englishtown but I've heard a lot of nightmare stories.

Back in the late 80's I was a Carlisle regular (vendor) and I would see Bill Miller a couple times a day walking back towards the office carrying a case of oil. One day I asked what he was doing with all the oil and he told me he was picking up money from the North Field & Firemans gates.

Another time at the Willys Home Run deal at Lancaster dragway. Was the end of the event & no one came to collect my vendor rent. I finally found an unlocked door to the office building & strolled in to give them my money. Two guys looked up in total shock, there were piles of cash on the desks they were sorting & counting. They did thank me to the additional 50 bucks.

9. plan9

plan9

that's the responsibility of parents, not the entertainment industry.

for what its worth, glamorizing gangsters, outlaws and civil disobedience is an American tradition going back to 1776.

what happened sucks... and if the thieves are caught i bet they wont do hard time, or at least nothing they arent accustomed to already.

10. In this economy, things like that are going to happen. I mean, 6 figures is tempting at any time, but with so many people losing houses and no money for bills or even food,,,,,,, 6 figures for 30 minutes of "work" seems almost doable when you are crashing against the rocks at the bottom. :cool:

11. That would put half of the politicians in jail. Some on death row.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Im surprised they would have that much cash in one place , with no one packing heat.
    I make Buisness transactions at the bank, not many are cash, but sometimes i leave with some from the bank..I never go alone or without back up(S&W). Neither does the Boss..I thought most cash buisnesses would be better protected than this, especially when your talking this amount of cash.

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

True, but dont go there..thread killer;)

14. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

what can the parents do??? you cant touch your own kid or you can go to jail. these fuckin punks have the upper hand all the way around. and for the gangsters of the old days(when they really were gangsters) yeah, they would rob banks, deal drugs, etc... but they weren't killin each other for shoes,or fuckin music, or punchin old lady's in the face to steal a purse. that shits all about keepin it real yo! and as far as hard time? that just gives em more street cred. makes them role models for the next litter to look up to.

15. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Chopped55 you nailed it right on the head.....

16. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

We have a little event in town here I been around 30 yrs we have people with guns and badges and a armed one with any body dealin with cash y...............a think the creeps dont know theres money at these events you can not be to careful and ya got to watch out for the ins thiefs also................O hope all turns out ok for the gang at raceway

17. movingviolation

movingviolation

What the fuck is wrong with the world....... Thieves are lowlifes and the goddamn goverment has to start nailing their nuts to the wall. Tv and media are ambulance chasers and shitty news sells and gets an audience. So give them shitty news.....thief gets hand cut off.... 2nd time he loses another hand...

Let the lady who was held up drop the axe on the 1st hand.

18. plan9

plan9

go easy man. raging over the net isnt going to accomplish anything.

in fact, responding to any points you have made is moot because its your opinion and my job in life isn't to convince you or anyone else how things are or should be.
    a likely scenario is we end up dancing around the subject until the cows come home and in the end we end up agreeing that thieves are assholes.

19. 6bblbird

6bblbird
    from New Jersey

Don't know where the poster got the info that the take was in the six figures. Certainly was not mentioned in any news story. Fact is, the receipts from the Diesel Truckin' Nationals were in the bank before Monday morning. They didn't get what they hoped to.
    WF

20. 6bblbird

6bblbird
    from New Jersey

Robbery and brutality have been part of the human condition as long as humans have existed. That will never change no matter what the entertainment industry does.
    WF

21. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

NO, im not raging man. its just sad that in this so advanced world we live in, we still haven't figured out that these "people" need to be made an example of! depending on the extent of the crime, there should be no death row, just death! they should walk these assholes from the court room, right to the gas chamber. and for lesser crimes, really do hard time. not this country club shit where you have almost as much freedom and probably better living conditions than they had on the outside. and yeah, thieves are assholes!

22. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

I agree 100% with Jackee on this matter, the Napps, the family that owns Raceway Park really are great people... I've known them, including different generations of them for many years... They are a family that works tirelessly while managing and maintaining the world-class facility that Old Bridge Township Raceway Park has become over the years... It's extremely unfortunate that our society produces the kind of characters who are responsible for this crime... This was a scary situation to say the least... Just like the law enforcement experts say in the case of terrorism, if you hear or see something, say something... Lets try to bring these criminals to justice... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

23. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Good People do not deserve this! I hope they are caught and get the full end of the law! Nothing is scarier than not feeling safe! I feel bad for the old lady that they robbed from!

24. sololobo

sololobo

Sad story, thank God, they didn't shoot the person, they harmed enough with the trauma. Sad state of affairs these days with crime, and so many people are not being careful enough, prime example. Heads up kids. ~Sololobo~

25. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

Man I have been to E-town several times and would have no thought in my head that it would be a target to hit. Unreal. I am sorry that women had to go through that. Its gotta be hard. Hope she stays strong and keeps on working.

As for the lowlifes. I work in Harlem NYC and I can tell you that the parents are NO role model for the kids. They are just as bad. EVERYTHING FOR NOTHING. Thug through and through. Feel as if they are entitled to everything. Man I want to send my head through a wall days on end after speaking with many of them.

I agree on the politicians. They should do jail time too. So should athletes and stars. We set a shitty example by not prosecuting them. Fuck that they are human too.

For my last point. Our jails need to modeled after Thailands Jails. 20 in a cell on a dirt floor. 1 meal a day. People would think twice about going to jail if it wasnt "paradise". Warm, 3 meals a day etc..... I have always been a firm believer that jails should have 4 walls on the OUTSIDE. everyone is together and anything goes. Just cant get out.

26. Well said, totally agree. It is even written in their stupid ass music. They live by a lawless nature, civil disobedience to no end. I think they have adopted the eleventh commandment, Thou shalt not get caught! Thank God they did not physically harm her and I hope they are prosecuted.

27. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Been going there since 73. Great,safe envirorment. Sad. Thieves suck

28. Deuces

Deuces

That's why I don't listen to that music...... :mad:

29. Doohickey

Doohickey

I'm going with inside job I've watched a lot of tv to come to that conclusion.

30. What were they getting on the trashy women? :D