Register now to get rid of these ads!

R & R Fiberglass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mckim2000, Mar 23, 2012.

1. mckim2000

mckim2000

I have been working on a 40 ford pickup for 3 years now and you guys have helped every step of the way. I have looked high and low for a hood which is the last piece I need. I ran across R & R fiberglass in Decatur TN and ordered a fiberglass hood as I have fiberglass fenders and decided this would be the best match.
    I was told by fellow named Rich that it was 2 to 3 weeks out and it has been that. After e-mailing him with no reply as to if it has been shipped I am becoming suspicious.
    My question is have any of you dealt with R & R Fiberglass?

Thanks for any help

2. I just got a set of 4 fenders for my 37 dodge from them. Thay took 5 to 6 weeks to get me the fenders after telling me it would be around 3. I never did have any problem reaching them by phone, and thay were straight foward about the delays. Try calling them.

3. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

whats a "e-mail"? a bet that they're in the shop and not at a desk.

4. mckim2000

mckim2000

Thanks for your reply. I now feel better and will give them a call.

thanks again

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We sometimes forget that the vendors we are dealing with in this industry are not large companies with receptionists, tech departments, etc. Most times they are one man or two man operations and most of their day is spent in the back actually making their products as opposed to checking emails and answering phones.

I am older so I prefer just picking up the phone and calling someone and my emails don't get checked very often because it is new fangled technology to me. :D Call R and R and I bet you get someone or at least can leave a voice message.

Don

6. I agree but in an age of technology there is no excuse to not be accessible. I am in the process of getting my parts business up and running (see sig) and recently upgraded to a FREE smartphone just for that reason. Something as small as a pack of smokes and I have more computing power in my hand than at this desktop computer!

7. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

It works both ways.
    For a quick answer, I prefer email if doing some looking at night or at work but for some things I want or need to talk to a real human.
    I have been amazed that there are still some major vendors that have a crappy or no internet presence and/or don't do email.
    If you are limiting your sales to word of mouth or swap meets, I guess it doesn't matter though.
    I would think a smart phone by the workbench would more than pay for it self for any serious vendor. And it is tax deductible.

8. 68vette

68vette

The owner goes to a lot of " shag" conventions out of town....

9. elitecustombody

elitecustombody

Picked up the phone everytime I called. 3-4 weeks lead time to have set of fenders made.

10. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I am a fibreglasser that works in a large company and also from home after hours, I always have my phone on me and check my e-mails at least daily no excuse these days for not keeping in touch with customers. But, 3 weeks for a set of fenders or a hood, man they must be either absolutely balls to the wall busy or useless, it don't take that long.

Scotty.

11. elitecustombody

elitecustombody

srpm said about 3-4 weeks as well. they both told me that they are busy

12. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

IMG_2474.JPG IMG_2447.JPG IMG_2476.JPG I bought a fiberglass 32' 5 window body from the nice people at R&R Fiberglass, they hand laminate the entire body, to get fairly consistent thickness. That allowed me to install a complete UPAC interior structure, wood and steel. They all fit in with little to no modification except for the chop. The shipping company was the only hassle, they decided mid way to charge more than quoted. Not much you can do at that point!!