Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest R.I.P. tootallrodder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59BuickWagon, Jul 23, 2008.

1. It is with great pain and sadness I need to tell all his friends here on the HAMB that Mike Cady, known to us here on the HAMB as tootallrodder has passed away after a struggle with lung problems got the best of him.

Many knew him by his call and matching tear drop camper. Others knew him from his trips to Bonneville where he crewed on two cars from NJ.

From one of Mike's last posts:

"<HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #IEEE" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    I've had my 36 sedan since 1973, got it on the road in 1974. Took down to the bare frame and back in 1976. Brought my son home from the hospital in 1978.

It has been gray primer, metallic blue, a crazy purple that would never photograph as a true color, and 2 different shades of chrome yellow. Have done all the work on it myself including the top chop and the interior. Maybe some day I will actually finish the car.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Doing it yourself is the most rewarding way to do it. "

I've attached a an old HAMB Meet and Greet shot - that's Mike on the right in the back with his Bonneville helmet on (usual place to find him because he was tootall for the front.)

I got this information this morning:

Hi, So sorry to have to pass sad news on.

I got a note this am letting us know that a wonderful and dedicated rodder we all know has passed away. Mike never failed to say hello, and they want as many street rods at the funeral as possible. That is just what Mike would have wanted. I do not know what happened yet.
    The note below tells you where and when the service and burial will be. If anyone nearby is going, I would need a ride. I don't drive that far at night. Thanks, and I know you are as sad as I am.

Love, Audrey.
    I just talked to Beth (Madeline's sister) and she asked me to pass this information on to you for the club. Mike's wake is Wed, July 23rd from 6 pm to 9 pm at the Munson & Lovetere Funeral Home, 235 Main Street, South, Southbury, CT 06488 with a memorial service on Thursday morning at 11 am from the same location.

R.I.P. Mike

Dennis & Sue

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Did not know him ... but I believe would have liked too ... :)

RIP tootallrodder

3. My condolences to his family, may he Hot Rod in peace...

Joel

4. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Dennis, if YOU say that he was a good guy, he must have been special. Our prayers are with his friends and family. Cruise well 'Bro.....

5. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

My condolences to his family. I remember him camping out at Bonneville last year just past the bend by himself. I remember thinking it was so cool to see this guy self contained by himself with his hot rod and trailer

6. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Oh my God, that is a shock. I will certainly miss talking with Mike at the many runs I would meet him at...he was always such an up-beat and friendly guy. Mike will be missed by many friends.

My most sincere condolences and prayers go out to his family.
    Rest in peace, Mike.

Keith

7. Blue

Blue

Condolences to Mike's family. I didn't know him but remember his HAMB name and seeing him in pics because of that. Sad to hear.

8. gooseta2

gooseta2

Godspeed tootall.....:(

9. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

had the pleasure of being in mike's company, as part of the crew/support staff on team 608 AA/GL, and team 1986 E/STR, both to work on the cars here in NJ, and on the salt - all of us from both crews wish mike, god speed, agreat guy and true gentleman has left us, but we're sure he'll be watching from the "upper deck" when speed weeks kick off - BIG JOHN

10. My condolence to all, from one of the old guys who remembers all the different colors, but likes the yellow the best.
    R.I.P. Old Buddy

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Rest in peace...no more suffering.

12. NoSurf

NoSurf

Sorry to hear this. I met him a couple times at the Road Agents Show in Connecticut. Super super nice guy. He will be missed.

13. Clark

Clark

He was a great guy and will be missed!!!!!
    Clark

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:(Very sad news. My condolences to his family and many friends.:(

If I'm not mistaken, he's standing right behind FlatDog's left shoulder. I'm sure they are bench racing together right now up in heaven.

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

This is sad, I only knew him from the HAMB he was a good cat.

16. Church

Church
    from South Bay

He will definitely me missed. Not exactly the kind of info I was looking for on the HAMB this morning. Deepest condolences to friends and family.
    RIP.

17. Tony

Tony

Very sad news..
    My deepest condolences to his family and friends.
    RIP.

Tony

18. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Godspeed Mike.

19. RIP Mike , condolences to the family..

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Godspeed Mike.

21. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

My old friend from Conn. cruise nights. SO SORRY to hear we've lost a another .My thoughts and prayers are with his family .......................bye big guy...

22. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I also met him a couple times in Connecticut..My deepest condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

23. Big Tony

Big Tony

Condolences to friends and family and God Bless

24. oldsman71

oldsman71

my prayers go out for his family. cjc

25. Gigantor

Gigantor

From one long legged gearhead to another - may the ceilings be tall in the sky. R.I.P.

26. raven

raven

I called Mike a friend. During the summer, when the field rep for this area took vacation, Mike would come down and spend a week here in his place.
    He would call and let me know he was coming and ask what garages we could hang out in.
    Just about a month or more ago, I asked him if he was coming down this year. Sadly he said that he was havings some problems and would not be making the trip this year.
    I'll miss him.
    r

27. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

oh wow. what a shame. i only met him once. but he was a super nice guy. very friendly and outgoing. my best to his friends and family.

28. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Thats is sad Dennis,I didnt know him,only knew of him,plus I knew his 36,he passed me the first year we took the 32 to York,My best to his friends and family.

29. That's right Denise, and here are Mike's comments from the thread on Flatdog's passing:

"[​IMG] Re: Don (DJ) Jackowski - Flatdog has passed away
    <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I met DJ at Bonneville in 2005, I am so saddened by his untimely passing.

I helped AB Shuman pick up the Fatdog Express in Wyoming on the way back from Bonneville in 2006 and fondly remember following it all the way back to New Jersey.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this difficult time."
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Nice to think of them getting to bench race again while "Sam" Samson entertains them with some harmonica tunes....

30. Didnt know him But he was a brother rodder and we suffer the loss with his passing . My best to the familey and close friends