Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest R.I.P. to a great old friend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintageauto, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Hi All,

Yesterday, myself and many of my "Car Guy" friends lost a good man!
    Jim Hockett, from Arbutus, Md. passed away in his sleep following a long illness and Father Time was tapping on his shoulder.

I've known Jim since about 1973. He was a Model "A" man who probably owned several hundred of those cars. Over the years, I bought several A's and other cars from Jim. He could adjust the mechanical brakes on those cars that would make them stop on a dime, as well as old tricks to tune them up that were not in any book.

Jim was 85 years young, with a 30 Model A coupe in his driveway that he had been working on in recent months...but he just got too weak to go outside any longer. I wish he could have taken just one more ride.

When I called him on the phone over the years, he would answer and I would say "Start it up"...his reply was always "Its Runnin" and I'm going to miss that.

Jim is gone, but I have great memories. We all know men like Jim and for those of us who can still call them on the phone today....do it!

So Long Jim....RIP

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

3. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Sorry for your loss

4. Thanks for the thoughts.

5. Sorry to hear about your friend.... May he rest in peace... God Bless him and thoughts and prayers to the family....

6. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

It's tough to lose either friends or family---

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sincere sympathy goes out to his family, yourself, and all of his friends

8. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

You expressed some very nice sentiments about your friend Jim. Thanks for sharing that and may he rest in peace. With all those Model A's and his related experiences it sure sounds like he had a good car-guy life.

9. woodys40

woodys40

Jim was a great guy and will be missed he new more about model A's then Ford did
    R.I.P. Jim