Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P. Jake Moran

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32STUPRES, Oct 31, 2011.

1. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Jake Moran, long time Memphis Street Rods member and long time former National Field Director for the NSRA, passed away 10-30-11 following a long bout with cancer. Jake was known nationwide and was loved by everyone that knew him. My prayers go out to his wife June and family. God Bless.

Jake was known, as most of us, by the car he'd driven since at least the early seventies....He will be missed by all...Joe

[​IMG]

2. Ole don

Ole don

RIP Jake, you will be missed by many.

3. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Very sad to hear this.I never knew Jake but i always remember seeing him at the NSRA meets.Always seamed he was having lots of fun.I remember seeing his car in the early 80's.

4. Jake was a great guy with a wonderful sense of humor,,I met him back in the 70's when the Lincoln was still a project.

He will be missed by all that had the pleasure to have met him,,,Good Speed Jake!

HRP

5. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I just received a phone call about Jake's passing, very sorry to hear this. He was a fun guy to be around and, certainly, will be missed. RIP

6. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

great guy- always had a joke to tell- will definitely miss him

7. phat rat

phat rat

RIP Jake. Jake was a great guy. I'm glad I had a chance to visit with him this year.

8. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RIP Jake. Always a real gentleman.

9. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

aw shit, Jake was the best,aways a joke, and I used to just stick around to hear him do awards , for the joke and the "dude" stuff god speed my friend you will be missed by all that knew ya!!! you were the best!!

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

His zepher was absolutely one of my favorites in it's first silver form back in the seventies. I remember it from some of the first N.S.R.A. chingos I went on as a kid. Always seemed to be a great guy, sorry to hear the news.

11. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Always stopped by my booth to BS for a few minutes at all the shows. I'll miss his upbeat attitude.

12. Yes, he supported the young rodders. I remember him commenting on my "Driven" tshirt when he handed us long distance award in Spokane, and smiling because he knew we were expecting our first at the time. He made a fuss and remembered us in Knoxville a year and a half later with the little one in tow.
    A great man, and who the whole hobby is about..people. God bless, Jake.

13. Yes, he supported the young rodders. I remember him commenting on my "Driven" tshirt when he handed us long distance award in Spokane, and smiling because he knew we were expecting our first at the time. He made a fuss and remembered us in Knoxville a year and a half later with the little one in tow.
    A great man, and who the whole hobby is about..people. God bless, Jake.

14. metal man

metal man

What a bummer. I've been proud to call him my friend since the mid 80's. He really was a joy to hang out with. The events just won't be the same without him....R.I.P buddy.

15. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Very sad to hear--I met him a few times at NSRA events--great guy. He always answers to questions that people came up and asked about---he didn't have to "check" with anybody,he knew it all!

16. Paul B

Paul B

Sorry to hear always a great guy RIP Jake

17. customcory

customcory

I meet him and his wife in Winston Salem when his Lincoln was light metallic blue with blue flames and had to talk to him about it. Then years later I saw him in Knoxville with his wife and they remembered me . I hadn't thought about that in a long time. He was good guy and his wife as nice as she could be. Rest in Peace.

18. Jake (and June) were wonderful people. Jake always had a joke (or three) to tell you and a friendly work. For years he led the crew that put up and took down the signs at every Nationals. He resigned as National Field Director a few years ago so he could spend all his time trying to beat the big C. At last years Nats he was in terrible shape but then he hit on a better mix of drugs and at Louisville this year he was almost back to he nromal self, cracking jokes, shmoozing the girls, just "being Jake". Then he drove up the the Zoo and over to Burlington - noone knowing that it was to be his Victory Tour.

We'll sure miss you Buzzard.

R.I.P.

Dennis & Sue

PS For those in the Memphis area that can stop by and see a real dedicated hot rodder off Here's the information about Jake's service,

Memorial Park
    5668 Poplar Avenue
    Memphis, TN
    1-901 767-8930

Visitation will be Tuesday from 5-8 PM, November 1, 2011

Funeral Service will be Wednesday 10:00 AM, November 2, 2011

19. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

GOD SPEED JAKE!

Prayers for family and friends.

20. Dang, I heard about this today from a buddy back in Memphis.:(

I had known Jake since moving to Memphis in '84. Was surprised to find that his hand injury was from it getting pinched by the cage when he rolled a FED:eek:.

Saw him last at L'ville this year, and, as always, he asked if I still had my roadster. He was big (adament) on driving your car. He said that he was doing OK with the cancer.

He punched the louvers in my roadster decklid and my 56 truck hood years ago, for some neon beer signs for his collection. I'll especially remember him now.

Always a congenial, outgoing guy, who unabashedly flirted with anybody's wife or girlfirend :eek:, he was a real rodder and all around good guy.

THANKS, JAKE! RIP.

Attached Files:

21. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

never got to meet jake, but could tell he was a good guy, and always had a joke. you will be missed.

22. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

gee, just saw him this past August at the Nats in Louisville. He always loved to hug the ladies. RIP

23. CruZer

CruZer

Damn this is sad news. I got to visit with Jake and take his picture with Bob Pedercini (in the pizza costume ) at the Burlington Northeast Nats back in Sept.
    He was a great guy. I couldn't understand a word he said sometimes but he was a good guy. I loved his car,too.
    RIP Jake,you deserve it.
    Glenn

Attached Files:

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to hear that.

25. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I am truly saddened by the news of Jakes passing. I had an opportunity to have a few words with him in Kazoo this year, now I wish we could have spent more time and talked about old times and shared memories. I'm gonna miss you Jake. I already do. BILL RINALDI

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I remember Jake from the early years of the NSRA (When the NSRA knew what real hot rods were). He and his wife June (what a doll) were everywhere at a meet never seeming to run out of energy. Got to talk to him a few times and will always remember is helpful manner. RIP Jake. You were indeed one of the good ones and will be missed by many.

Frank

27. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

RIP Jake....

28. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Sad news. Rest in peace.

29. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad news indeed!!---We knew Jake & June from the early days of street rodding starting at Detroit Nats in 1972.
    Jake always had a great smile & good joke! He will be sorley missed by all who had made his aquaintance over the years.
    RIP Jake!---Condolences to June & family------Don

30. RIP Jake.Met Jake some 30+ years ago along with Gilbert and Bubba Bugg on a Memphis business trip. I had a chance to have a really nice visit with Jake at Louisville this year. He was at peace. God speed my friend.

Charlie