Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P HAMBANDY (Andy Dunn)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Mar 17, 2009.

1. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

We all wish we could have been there.....Rest in Peace little Buddy.

2. Rest In Peace Andy, remember as he is now we to will one day be also, look forward to talking to you one day Andy.

3. T-Roy

T-Roy

R.I.P. HAMB Brother...:(

My prayers to his family and friends.

4. Just saw this. RIP Andy. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

5. borndead327

borndead327

godspeed sir, godspeed
    do a burnout at the pearly gates for us

6. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

Rest In Peace.
    Condolences to family and friends.

Al

7. 36C8

36C8

Sad news. We're all better people from your example.

8. skoh73

skoh73

Just saw the thread. It sounds like this young man was one incredible human being. To those who helped a kid's dreams come true with that rod: You are truly selfless individuals who give us renewed faith in our fellow man.

9. synthsis

synthsis

1000 posts in such a short time shows how much this tough little guy impacted us all.

10. borntoolate

borntoolate

Didn't know him, but I get it. I have a seven year old son. I can't imagine. My heart goes out to you, the family and everybody that got to know Andy personally.

11. chad

chad

No, Thank You Dunn family for sharing Andy with us...I was always told if you could touch 1 person and make a difference in their life then you have succeeded in your life's journey...Andy has succeeded 60,000 times over....This has weighed heavy on my mind all week...I never got to meet Andy but I wish I could say I did, It has bothered my like he was my family.. I followed along the journey every step of the way with everyone else....Once again Thank you Dunn family ,Fitz ,Hackerbill and Leon for sharing the incredible journey....Rest in peace now little buddy....

Chad

12. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I've been here to this site,and am here again,and I always came back mainly to keep track of what was going on with Andy,always keeping him in mind and in prayer.Andy,if you can see this,I had a member of my club named John Thomas,only 20 pass on Valentines morning,you and him should meet up,tell him I said to keep you company and show you around.You two will get along fine.My condolences to the Dunn family.Andy's story brought tears to the face of a hardened person numerous times,and his passing has left me in the same way.I hope there's drag strips in heaven so Andy and Johnny Boy can race man.I posted this for my club member when he passed,and i think it's fitting for Andy also.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Death is nothing at all,

I have only slipped away into the next room,

I am I and you are you;

Whatever we were to each other, That we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name,

Speak to me in the easy way which you always used,

Put no difference in your tone,

Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we shared together.

Let my name ever be the household word that it always was.

Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant,

It is the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the
    corner.

All is well.
    [/FONT]

......<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
    </td><td>
    </td><td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]-Henry Scott Holland, Canon of St. Paul’s Cathedral, London[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

13. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

rest in peace andy. sad! very sad!

14. 39Tudor

39Tudor

Rest in peace Andy.

15. Willy59

Willy59

R.I.P. Hambandy

16. HOOLIGAN350

HOOLIGAN350

I'm sorry to hear that, Andy was a bright light in all our lives.

17. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

R.I.P. Hambandy. . . follow that ribbon of road, keep the pedal down and those windows open.

18. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Godspeed hambandy.....r.i.p.

19. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To the Dunn family,

My dad was called home to be with the Lord at 2:30 AM this morning. I know what a horrible thing that cancer is but we need to focus on the blessings in our lives.

Simply remember the happy times and your son will be smiling down on you. I never got to meet Andy but he lifted my spirits by just reading his posts and the posts about him. You have been truly blessed to have him in your lives.

Andy, Godspeed little dude. If you see my dad, please show him around.

Thor

20. ShamrockGarage

ShamrockGarage
    from Ventura Ca

Im truly sorry for your loss. After all is said and done, car guys are in a brotherhood. We have just lost an important member.....BUT Im thinking that Andy now resides as the "Milner of Heaven"....and that makes me smile.

21. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

God bless you my young friend.

22. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

23. The hot rod world lost another little bro....RIP Hambandy

24. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

25. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I couldn't come up with much to say last night...but I thought maybe a short description of yesterday might be proper.

The Service was wonderful, yet simple and the Priest was obviously a good friend of Andy and his family. During the sermon he was able to share a couple of personal stories about himself and Andy over the last couple of years which made the service very personal.

Andys final resting place is beautiful.
    The graveyard is on a backroad of a small community outside St John's...not so very far from his home. There are full size trees all around and the ocean only a stones throw away.

Just as the burial Mass started the sun began to shine thru the clouds...warming all in attendance.
    Try to tell me Andy had nothing to do with that!

Its amazing really.
    There has been no snow on the ground in St John's and the surrounding area for at least a couple of weeks. Yesterday, while cold, was a nice calm day for Andy to take his last drive accompanied by many friends in their special cars.
    Today...we're into one of the largest blizzards of the year.
    Not fit to go outside the door!

After the hearse, Clergy and most of the attendees had left the gravesite...with mostly just family around...we started up the old Flatty and gave it 3 good rips on the pedal to honour Andy in the Hot Rod way...then rolled out to the road and back to Andys home garage with the CBN Club cars in convoy...to be joined about 20 minutes later by his Mom, Dad and big Bro Matt.

Good people...and I think they'll be OK eventually.
    It's been a rough road...and all HAMBers have helped beyond what anyone could believe.

Thanks.

26. That sounds like a nice place to be. Andy and I shared quite a few hunting stories over the last couple of years and I'm sure he'd want to be somewhere close to nature.

Ironic as it might seem, I just mentioned to Leon, yesterday, that we've had an unseasonal stretch of warmth here too. When I got the news on Wednesday I rolled my coupe out for the first time this year. I went and drank a small toast to Andy at the Evergreen tavern and did the "1st annual HAMBANDY memorial burn-out" on my way home (I hope he was watchin'... it was a big long smoky one). I came back here, put the car in the garage, and it started to snow like crazy. Now its winter again. It was like the roads were clear just for that putt.

JOE:cool:

27. llonning

llonning

Sounds like it was a fitting send off to someone that has and will inspire a lot of people.

God speed, HAMBANDY. I doubt that there will be someone like you for quite awhile.

28. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Yeah Joe...he loved to go out to the family cabin. Even had his own small boat for fishing on the pond. Spent a lot of time there.

Amazing how it snowed for you too right after!
    Make ya wonder.....

29. mr.smith

mr.smith

RIP andy, hope your in hot rod heaven

30. Buckin_Rodz

Buckin_Rodz

I never knew Andy and I wished I did. That young man touched so many lives and by reading all these condolences to his family . It says so much about this hot rodding family we have here. So here's to you HAMBANDY. You're now in Hot Rod Heaven where flaties run cool, no rust, parts everywhere. And you never run out of gas. Your up there with some great hot rodders so learn all you can. We will all be up there soon. GOD Speed and my condolences to your family.
    Truly Fitty
    PS and your right Andy real hot rods don't have valve covers