Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest R.I.P. Anthony Castaneda

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sledge, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Cshabang

Cshabang

RIP ANTHONY...Taken way too young...

2. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Damn - Sorry Kev. Anthony had a great sense of humor, cool guy. Condolences to all. RIP mate.

3. Damn, Anthony, you get to play with all of the great Kustomizers, R.I.P.

4. Pete

Pete

Kev,

Im sorry to hear the news, I followed the Shifters for years and really appreciated his vision and talent,,,,RIP.

Pete-

5. eye bone

eye bone

Met him several times in my travels as a member of the Road Zombies… Hands down, he built my all time favorite model A coupe hotrod… watched as it evolved into the Brown Neck Bandito… also way cool!!! He had vision, & talent for days! My condolences to all that his all to short life touched! Especially his close friends, & family! A sad loss!!!

6. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

7. Chuck R

Chuck R

Horrible news, Anthony will be greatly missed by his family and friends. RIP

8. Good solid friends are hard to find and when you lose one its like a stake to the heart .My sympathies to you and his family sounds like a much loved man.

9. flat top austin

flat top austin

sorry for you loss man. the kustom culture world has lost another great builder..

10. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

sorry to hear! I'll keep you in my prayers.

11. Drooled over his work for years and the stories on here have me sad ill not get the chance this side of heaven to meet. Prayers are all I can offer to you his children, family, friends and club brothers.....God Bless and do what you do to his memory

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

The Shifters were one of the biggest inspirations to us forming our club. Our sincerest condolences from all your bros. in the Cheaters Car Club, Milwaukee.

Carl Urbaniak

13. Cal-Paul

Cal-Paul

This kind of news sucks. I will pray for him and his family

14. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

In our hearts and prayers. Never met you but knew of your work........
    The Rod Tossers
    Iowa

15. MERRELL

MERRELL

Very sorry for your loss... I lost my best friend 10years ago and still think about him everyday.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. Very sorry to hear about your friend, Kevan. RIP Anthony.....my condolences to his family, and all his friends who lost him today.

17. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

My sincere condolences to Kevan and the Shifters, and to his family and friends. Anthony was a true original and a really good guy. He will be missed.
    RIP Anthony.

18. ratster

ratster

sorry, very sad. rip

19. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

I can't believe this! Why is it that this happens to the best guys?! :(

Spent 3 month with him 2001/2002 in Orange at his house and shop. Beeing the nicest guy to me. What a great guy. Always in for a laugh and helping a friend. Had the coolest Hot Rod in the world, the Coupe and helped me so much in learning more about Hot Rods. A true original guy. I have lost contact over the years and I always wanted to visit him again. Now this is too late.
    I'm shocked. This tells me, that u never can know what happens next. Will pray for him and his family and friends. Shifters, I wish u all the best loosing this great friend.

Prayers sent from Germany. Johnny

Rest in Peace Anthony. The original traditional Rat Rodder.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  20. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

21. fonti

fonti

losing the best friend is very hard...I'm sorry. hope you have the strength you Need, RIP

22. Rikster

Rikster

Very sad news.. I never met him, but read about him and saw what he and the shifters were doing in the 1990's. Had a big influence on me.
    Condolences to his family and friends.

23. Condolences to family and friends - RIP.

Steve

24. Back in the 90's i had a roommate that had a 53 chieftain that Anthony did a SBC conversion on. There was stuff about it that at first made me wanna shake my head, but when i thought about it, I said to myself, "This guy did what he had to do to get this thing on the road in a day and age when you had to improvise at every step." it was crude at the time, but his improvisation was nothing short of inspired.

we never met, but some of the stuff he did was a huge inspiration. the Brown Neck Bandito will live in my heart forever. if you ever saw it up close, it was rough, but it said "yeah, I can do that." pure awesome.

Prayers for his Family and Friends.

25. My condolences to all near to him. I never met Anthony but I learnt a lot about him and his cars in the many magazines & books he featured in. I remember seeing his bubbletop car at CHRR - I couldnt believe it - too cool.
    Very sad to hear he has gone.

26. Didn't know him but the words I'm reading here say he was respected in the hamb community.
    RIP Anthony.

27. Greasemachine

Greasemachine
    from San Diego

RIP

I knew him for long time, big loss for the scene and the Shifters.

Hard times for his family!

I took that pic at VLV, I guess it was 2002??

Attached Files:

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Met him and the rest of the Shifters at VLV 1, 2, 3, 4 and then I quit going, he was a very cool guy, funny as hell, and he was a builder. The hot rod world's a sadder place without him.

29. I never met him but I always loved his cars. The brown neck bandito was about a decade ahead of the curve in terms of trends. I'm sorry to see him gone.

30. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

I'm on here again. Still can't believe it. Was at my garage today and thought maybe it was a bad dream what I read in the morning. Sorry I have to cry. He was one of my heroes and a friend.

Can't say what I feel. Sorry.