Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quickchanges on full-size cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curtiswyant, Jan 30, 2009.

1. curtiswyant

curtiswyant

I'm just wondering why I never seen QC rear-ends on anything other than early Fords? Did the OD trans kill it, or did they not make appropriate widths or what?

2. If you can't see it what's the use in having it? HRP

3. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Face it: Quick changes originated around early Ford rearends-not to run in Fords on the street but to run in race cars on the track-which tended to be based on Ford drive line components. The idea of using them on the street is a fairly recent phenomenom-maybe within the last 12-15 years. Nobody used them on the street "back in the day". And an O.D isn't a substitute for a Q.C. Whocan see an O.D. transmission? And as somebody has already said: "Who can see a Q.C.?" if it aint under something like an early Ford.

4. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

QC's have been used in street applications a lot longer than the last 15 years. The width is no problem thay can be made any length you need. The only advantage I would see for the street is you can gear your car for crusing around town, change to another set of gear for long road trips and still another set when you feel froggy. Keep in mind, because of the cut of the gears they are quite noisy, but to some that's just another form of music.