Register now to get rid of these ads!

quick HAMB'ster update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleetmaster, Sep 2, 2004.

1. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

hey everyone-i know i haven't written in awhile, but progress has been slow. i am still not too crazy about that HAMB'ster name. anyways-progress on the 47 chevy has picked up slightly with my bro moving back to town. the 496 big block is being built. the axels just came in and more mock-up on the chassis has started. sorry i don't have any pics, we just got a new scanner, so hopefully i will have some soon.-fleet

2. Thanks for checking in!

Post pics when you get a chance!

Sam.

3. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

yeah, id like to see pics too when you get a chance. What tranny are you running? What axles?

Briggs

4. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

i am using a 2004R tranny and the axels i ordered from Dutchman for the ford 9 inch out of a 58 t-bird

5. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    i am still not too crazy about that HAMB'ster name.

[/ QUOTE ] which moron came up with that,anyway? [​IMG] call it whatever you want,it's your car...

6. wayfarer

wayfarer

Emilio, the name is kind of stupid anyway, just call it fleetmaster's coupe or whatever you want. Seriously guys, Emilio's been doing what he can on his car, but being only 15 and not knowing how to do alot has slowed him down. I've been helping him when I have time and he's not busy. Now his brother's back in town, so we'll get it on the road hopefully by spring. The kid turns 16 this weekend, so I'm sure he'll be pushing us to work on it. Thanks again to everyone on the HAMB who passed parts on to him. I can tell you he greatly appreciates it.

7. Rand Man

Rand Man

Did you choose that 2004R tranny or is that just what you have available? I not sure that's 496 big block material.

8. wayfarer

wayfarer

Rand Man, he chose to use that tranny after talking to some local guys who run them in their blown chevelles. The 200 can be built to handle the power and it's got a small package to fit in the car.

9. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

wayfarer is right about the tranny-i will stick by it, saying its highly under-estimated-u get an overdrive, plus a tranny that can handle some power. they also arent super expensive to pick up in a junkyard.