Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Quick Fuel 450 Carb FLAW-Take Notice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by martyk98, Mar 14, 2018.

1. martyk98

martyk98
    from washington

I needed a spacer to fit my air cleaner on my QF 450 (HEI distributor is pretty large). I purchased a nice aluminum one on Ebay for about $21. When I went to put in on and the choke flange shaft on my brand new Quick Fuel stuck out over into the circumference of the Carb base. 5 1/8" was now 5 1/4". Here are two picks of how I made things work again. I complained to the Holley Tech Line and got a rude response. Don't get me wrong, the carb runs outstandingly well. This design flaw is either an oversight by the designers or a sick attempt to get buyers to invest another $45 to buy their plastic spacer. IMG_1265.JPG IMG_1266.JPG

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  2. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Why would you complain to Holley on issues with a Quick Fuels carb? Did Holley buy out QF? When I had a QF problem I talked with QF. That’s been a few years ago.

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Why not disassemble the choke assembly, slip on the adapter, then reassemble the choke assembly? Or am I missing what you're saying? I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

4. Terrible80

Terrible80

5. martyk98

martyk98
    from washington

I already have it on the engine with my modification. Holley did buy Quick Fuel. The spacer sits higher than the choke plate. The stock ends of the shaft interfere with the spacer, they stick out too far.

Attached Files:

• p.jpg
      p.jpg
      File size:
      2.5 KB
      Views: