Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quick Change Rear Ends

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by GearheadsQCE, Aug 30, 2012.

1. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I build Quick Change rears for Traditional Hot Rods as well as Off Topic vehicles.

I am a dealer for most of the major players and can get most anything QC related. Trades and special builds are welcome. (No, I won't trade your clapped out dirt track Frankland for a perfect Culver City V8, but I will give you consideration on anythng you have that I can use or sell.)

IRS, extra wide, or narrow, floaters, push in axles, ultra light, V8, 3/4 ton etc.

H.A.M.B. members get 10% off my prices to anyone else. You'll have to trust me on this 'cause there is no 'List Price' on used parts.

Remember: "Fake Quick Changes are like fake Titties, they just dont sound the same."

Been doing this for 33 years, I think.

2. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry, I didn't see your post until just now. Yes I am quite familiar with CAE rears. They are similar to Halibrands of the same era but heavier construction particularly in the pinion nose bearing support. I have only seen aluminum cases but there could have been magnesium ones as well.
    There were two versions of center sections, 11 and 12 bolt. I have never seen one with the double cup tapered roller bearings on the pinion like the current Quickchanges. I'd bet that yours has ball bearings on the pinion. They can be changed over, but the outside of the double bearing cup has to be ground down a couple of thousandths to fit the case. If the pinion isn't bad, you can use it again with the right bearing selection. Probably would want to change the nose bearing to a roller, too.
    PM me for any other questions.

Bruce

tonymax1 likes this.
  3. Bruice is the real deal. Set up my old Frankland while I watched and helped out as much as possible. A real craftsman.