Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question on transmission cooler placement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoparMan4GZUZ, Apr 1, 2011.

1. The only good place I can find to put the trans cooler is below the radiator on the bottom of the radiator crossmember. the only other option I have is right in front of the radiator, but I am concerned this will hinder the cooling capabilities of the radiator. Your thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. jdubbya

jdubbya

I bought a finned cooler that could be mounted under my truck, yet still cools the fluid efficiently. I mounted it on the sub structure of the floorboard, within just a few feet of the transmission. There is plenty of air flow, and has worked great. Here is a general picture of a cooler, it is alot like the one I used, but not the exact unit... Mine has the inlet and outlet on the same end.

Attached Files:

3. CalGasser

CalGasser

Under the radiator - good airflow.

4. llonning

llonning

I have always mounted them if front of the radiator. I have for decades, never a cooling problem.

5. I have a red one like the one you posted (see 2nd pic, it's under the radiator). I want to keep it up front because the radiator also has a cooler and I want to use both. I will be towing a small trailer.

6. ronald_rocheleau

ronald_rocheleau
    from dyer in

best to mount it where there is airflow at idle, as this is when the most heat is generated, front of the rad is logical, hampering ur cooling would be neglible, on my t I mounted it out of sight under the body, with a small equipment cooling fan that came on with the key, worked great

7. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I agree with this as I have one the same under my F4 and it works well and is well away from the engine bay and heat from the radiator.

8. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

I mounted mine on the frame and plumbed it with some good s.s. hose. Built a small air scoop over it to pull air. Works great,been there for 15k miles no problems.