Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question On Frame Strength

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alex Holweger, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Alex Holweger

Alex Holweger
    from Deer Park

would a triangular frame be strong enough to hold a 31 plymouth with a 440 and 4 speed transmission. ALONG BEING ABLE TO DO A WHEEL. with the point toward the ground and the flat spot on top. the top will be 3 in and the 2 sides will be 2.5 in.

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow... I have no idea what you just said.

..... Along with being able to do a wheel stand?? Is that what you meant to say?

Are you saying the frame rails would be literally triangular in shape?? Is this steel? How thick of wall are we talking?? Why triangular?? If you're saying that the top is 3 inches and each side is 2.5 inches than I really don't think that is going to be strong enough. The overall height (verticle) of the rails would only be around 2-inches, give or take. NOT enough, no matter what the thickness... ESPECIALLY if you're planning on wheel stands. You need to go with 4x2x3/16 rect. tubing.

I may not have read that right though. Please explain more and show us some pictures.

3. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

Didn't Groucho just go over this?

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

-
    :D