Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Question on Ford vs Chevy Bumpers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colombo, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Colombo

Colombo

I have a 54 Ford Customline and after several calls to chrome shops with all being around the same price of 550.00 bucks per bumper and that is without any dent fixing. After looking at several bumpers I have noticed that the 53/54 chevy car bumpers look very close to the ford bumpers. Has anyone used the chevy bumpers on their fords? I have seen re-pop chevy bumpers for 200.00 bucks and yes I know they have cheep chrome but they look good especially since I keep my car in garage out of the elements.

Thanks

2. Looks can be deceiving,I learned pretty quick that 52/53 Ford bumpers look very similar to the 54 but they don't fit,,your front gravel pan is shaped entirely different.

I believe you will have the same problem with the Chevy bumpers.

If your good at fabrication I'm sure you can modify the chevy apron to fit your car

My bumpers are from Tri-City Plating in Elizabethan,Tenn. and they work on a exchange,they will take your old rough bumpers and replace them with extremely nice bumpers,plus if you can pick them up at their shop or at a swap meet you save a lot. HRP

3. I have used Tri-City too. They are good to work with,and they usually work the local shows, which saves a lot in freight.