Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question MII front springs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cragar, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Cragar

Cragar

I got asked to put a MII front end into a 55 chev truck I tryed to talk him out of it I would have much rather put a Jag in it but someone told him that the MII was the way to go now waiting 6 months for all of the parts to arrive he rings me to come and have a look to make sure all the parts are there I find out he has brought a Helix one now I am worried so I finally get it all in put it on the ground it sits good bottom wish bones are sitting level with the ground took it for a spin round the block a couple of times and found it has sunk 2" the coils are very close to touching and the wish bones are now pointing up in the air . This truck only has a small block IS THIS STANDED OR HAVE I JUST GOT DUD SPRINGS ?

2. If you set it up with the lowers level, that's where it should be. Even if the springs just settled in, they're still too short/soft...

3. aaggie

aaggie

For most MII setups the stock 4 CYL Pinto spring is just right for a SBC engine. I think the Chinese manufacturer slipped in some bad springs. From expirience I only trust the parts from Fatman.